Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ba1je

door closeups

ba1je
16 years ago

mosaiced with stained glass and glass globs-grouted with lt brown grout. i have to say-without all the advice from this forum i could not have done this. used GeII silicone for glueing the glass and works well although must smoosh each piece of glass around to spread the glue and remove air bubbles...barb {{!gwi}} {{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)

• shrty411
    16 years ago

The door is just fantastic!! What a great way to jazz up a plain door!!

Maria

• texaswild
    16 years ago

This just re-enforces my wishing I didn't have to sleep or rest. This door is sooooooo beautiful. I'm assuming the panes are glass? I love the outlining each pain w/the half marbles - nice border/frame effect. You did an EXCELLENT job. I'll bet you'll have trouble watching TV in that den now. You'll not be able to keep your eyes off this beauty.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Ya, Like Slow said! I'd be just gazing at the door!!!

• tigerwiggy
    16 years ago

It is really beautiful. My front storm door has the glass panels like that and it is drab. I have been wanting to do something to add some curb appeal to it and have been thinking about doing something similar to what you have done, but need to tackle some much smaller projects first. I do love the way you outlined the panes. The grout color works very well too.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

SPECTACULAR!!!!! It's really BEAUTIFUL, Barb.

• bugster
    16 years ago

I love the half marbles, great colors. The whole door is great! I think it's great the way you jumped in and did it! The colors are stunning.

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

BEEEAUTIFUL!!! Love it! Very nice job, Barb!

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Beautiful job Barb..I would be sitting staring at it all day!Annie

• salena
    16 years ago

Gorgeous door, but what is on the backside of the panes? Salena

• ba1je
    Original Author
    16 years ago

just glass panes--looks almost the same from back as front. thats what i love about glass on glass....barb

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

OH WOW I LOVE this piece!!!! It is even more beautiful when I can see your glass patterns. I love the glass glob outline too. That was a lot of work and I think you did a wonderful job. I would love a door like that for my office. Going to keep my eye open for one that might fit. Thinking salvage yard.

One more little thing that is tickling my brain on this. I love the way you seemed to start out in sort of squares or rectangles and then drifted off into a little abstract and back again. Really gives interest. I need to learn how to do that. LOL I keep going back to look at the pictures. WOW

Thanks for the close up pictures!! Just wonderful!!

Chris

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

Love what you did balje! I wonder what my DH would say if I did my studio door--it's the same as yours--glass paneled. Then my cat can't sit there crying because he can see me but can't get in! GREAT JOB and beautiful, fun, bright colors!

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Balje that is REALLY great!
    Really beautiful job... WOW!!!!!!!

Hazie

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Hey, Barb, I was just looking through some older messages, and I'd missed this one! This is gorgeous!

Veronica

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh! It's wonderful! So... while I am sitting here looking and reading and learning... you are CREATING!
    I did find a glass store today... go and have a lesson in cutting glass and bought a hand cutter, oil, and some pretty glass so I'm 'readyer' than I was! :)
    It really is a beautiful door, Barb! I'm so impressed with everyone here!

• hrsg
    16 years ago

Lovely work!

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner