Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathyscache

Headboard finally started

cathyscache
14 years ago

Hi all, I finally started my rock and agate headboard today. (Sorry not the best pic). I was going to just do rocks but decided after I was done for the day and was looking at it I also want to add glass. So tomorrow I will have to remove about 8 or 10 rocks and will add some glass. These are the pieces my neighbor gave me and the beautiful colors won't show until their sealed but they all have gorgeous colors. This is going on an antique log bed that was my husbands parents. We will attach with bands on the back so we don't have to drill holes in the posts of the bed. Anyway I've finally back at it, I get cranky when I'm not mosaicing!!!! Later all

Here is a link that might be useful: Headboard WIP

Comments (11)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Know what you mean about withdrawal symptoms. This w/be interesting to watch the colors emerge. What kind of glass - colors? Anxious to see.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Oh I Love stones!!! This will be gorgeous!!

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

How beautiful...definitely something you will both be proud of and I know it will set off the antique bed.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think dark glass, it seems to set look best with the rocks...Gives the piece a classic look...

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I almost finished but ran out of steam. So here is what I got done today. I sware I cannot take a good pic to save my soul!!! The colors are much prettier than I can get the darn pics to show so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. I just have a little more glass to put on to be finished. I put a coat of finish on the rocks. Grouting is much easier w/ a coat or 2 of finish already on. (wipes right off) anyway I'll finish tonight if I can't sleep or tomorrow and grout on Mon..night all

Here is a link that might be useful: Headboard WIP

• texaswild
    14 years ago

WOW - the red really shows well, and the green. I can just imagine, now, the pretty colors. You surely work fast.

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I finished the front and started gluing black viterous glass on the edge, but didn't have enough. Ordered more so I'm at a stand still till it gets here. Just my luck. I thought I had more but dug and dug and well you know the rest of the story...Hurry up and wait....Story of my life....Anyway it should be here Wed or Thur and I'll finish and grout as soon as it is....Later

Here is a link that might be useful: Headboard

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

OMG its STUNNING! (((appplause))) I really love this look Cathy, its so unique. and those stones are gorgeous

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Nice, Slow, the rocks are way more beauiful than I can get the pics to show....And hubby and I just love the rustic look so it just fits us to a Tee.....But I've been told I'm probably going to make the top floor crash into the botton floor if I don't stop adding rocks and agates!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not gonna happen we have major BIG BEAMS holding things up!!!! But he has to tease whenever he can!!!!!!! He gives me a bad time about my agate and rock obsession, but the fact is he loves them too!!!!

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

Yes that is so coooollllll!!!!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Cathy,

that is GORGEOUS!!! I love the total uniqueness of this headboard. The glass really blends well with those agates!! You go girl!!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida