Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emtnest

Potheads

emtnest
10 years ago

Made the girl first, she was lonely and wanted a companion...so she got one.

Comments (15)

• niteshadepromises
    10 years ago

Love em! Wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the post title /hides.

• texaswild
    10 years ago

Oh MT - these are soooooooo darlin'. Glad to see you back - have missed you a LOT. There's an artist who makes similar pot ladies on Flickr. Her pots are turned the other way so she can plant inside them. Yours are sooooo cute. I tried one like hers, and the face isn't very noticeable. I've been meaning to try another one. There's a world of things we could use on these. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the crown on the second one. Is that an old light fixture? Can't quite make out the top on the orange one.

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

WOW!!! Love these!!! I too have seen the faces somewhere and was inspired!! It's like using the whole pieces of things...true recycling! All those items I usually throw away! I too LOVE the "crown"!!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Slow I haven't been on here...I've also been caught up in fb groups...have been painting too rather than mosaics. The head on potgirl is a pile of thinset with shell necklaces and sea spines poked in. And, yes the crown is from a stained glass lamp that I took apart for the glass. I thought of you Slow when I did that...I've kept it for a few years knowing that someday it will come in handy...and it did. Potguy's ears are brass pipe fittings. They will keep watch over my greenhouse. ..There's a gal in I think Brazil who makes a lot of faces, she teaches classes.

• texaswild
    10 years ago

Yes, I've seen the Brazillian lady who does these faces. Giving y'all a link to one on Flickr too. Look at her album to see some fabulous works.
    Pot faces

• 1wanderer
    10 years ago

Too cute!!!
    How do you cut your cups?

• emtnest
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I use my tile saw for cutting the tile and the cups. It works great for that...thnx

• nicethyme
    10 years ago

hahaha those are GREAT!

• mfbpa
    10 years ago

I LOVE these and Slo, I am glad you posted the link to the other ones, they are so inspiring and make me want to make one!

• silvamae
    10 years ago

So cute! Makes me want to make some too!

• nanatricia
    10 years ago

Those are so so cute!!! Can I add it ti pintrest I love them.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sure you can add them. They are on my pinterest as well. I think under Dottie Gillespie.
    I think you all should make some and post them. It would be fun to see how different they turn out. :)

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

Yours are so cute Dottie! Here are a couple that I did about 3 years ago.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh yours are adorable!!!!

• texaswild
    10 years ago

LOVE those, CRAFTY.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor