Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Door patio

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 1:14

I have wanted to mosaic my front door patio for yrs now and finally decided on a design. I am already modifying the design...going to make a square or rectangle instead of the circle, to lessen the cutting....maybe....also have to redo the window on the door(got hit by a rock from weedwacking)Have even decided on the design of the foyer...all will be slate, like the fireplace. I'm excited!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The bigger left side is the 10x10 patio. Everything is just a rough dsign, I tend to wing it from here!!!lol!
The dragonfly will have some flat green stones surrounding it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Door patio

CALAM: That's a HUGE project coming up for you. I LOVE the design - don't understand what you mean on the right by "Mirror Closet". I REALLY like that design too. When are you starting to cut tiles? You must have an array of pretty colored slate. Your fireplace is absolutely wonderful - so professionally done. Looks like you paid big bucks for a contractor to do it. I'm sure the patio w/be just as beautiful.

o

LOL! That is my foyer, and the closet has mirrored doors! Ya, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced to outline the dragonfly with a square instead....just to speed up the actual time I will be spending on this particular project...then I will have time for more projects!!!heh heh! I have an idea for a Rhianna statue.....oooooh, it's a gooood one!!!! ;-)

o

Oooh, I bet this will be really good!! I can't wait to see the finished project. You are a brave and talented woman!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here