Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

albums? post your link here so we can have an oggle thread

nicethyme
15 years ago

my projects are all in seperate sub albums, they include wip shots but unfortunately not in any real order. POST UP everybody!

Here is a link that might be useful: NT's albums

Comments (48)

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Wow NT, your albums are awesome! I had not seen some of your art.
    LOVE, love, love those shoes!
    Here is a link to my modest little album.Cindiloo's album

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

here's mine. not nearly as organized as yours NT.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flickr album

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

I love to look at all you beautiful work again,and oh wow your gardes are to die for.Of course the iris are my favorite and I can't grow them here..too tropical I guess.flag is that big urn fountain up and running yet??Heres mine...Copied and pasted 20 times this is all I get??Why???

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/crackpotmosaics/

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Crackpot, to be an instant link it has to go in the optional URL box below (sometimes only available at preview)

Here is a link that might be useful: Crackpotannie's album

• ktulip11
    15 years ago

Not much, but thought I would share...

Here is a link that might be useful: This and That

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ktulip, OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!

{{!gwi}}

its a real stunner!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Nice I don't know what you mean by opitional url box below?

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie, when you write a message here you are putting it in this box titled
    below that, there are 2 more boxes labeled
    Optional Link URL:
    Name of the Link:
    then theres the preview message button

so in the optional link box I pasted the URL you had in your message and in the name box I wrote Crackpotannie's album

ta daaaa!

once in a while, those boxes will not be present on the first page and I have to wait till I preview to add links because the boxes are there.

but people who know code can add links anywhere in there text, maybe someone will chime in here and tell us how thats done. Its too complicated for me! lol

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

I have always just posted in the msg before but I'll try your way,dang it I learn something and have to change my way's.thanks Nice and Cindiloo.

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Test,it worked thanks so much ,not like I did it before but who cares as long as it does what it's supposed to do..

Here is a link that might be useful: annies mosaics

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ROTFL Annie! there ya go girl!

• bamasusanna
    15 years ago

Okey Dokey.
    Here's mine!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bamasusanna

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Wow! After looking at all this stuff, I'm somewhat embarrassed to post a link here.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Stuff

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

nicethyme, I am looking through your album right now and you do beautiful work. I have a couple of questions, why is your cat shaved like a poodle/lion? And why is the other cat shooting out the window. Ha Ha - just had to ask, too cute they are. Are you the blond? You're (or whoever is pictured) is, of course, cute too, gracing the hood of that car - what kind of car is it - DH will know right off and I would like to impress him by knowing the make and model in advance.

Back to viewing more albums.

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

Cindiloo, love your turtle bath and all those trays. You do wonderful work. What are seed beads?

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Thanks Spring! You're good for my mosaic ego!
    Seed beads are those teeny-tiny-itsy-bitsy beads...you can find them in any craft store...even at Wmart!

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

crackpotannie, your buddha heads are wonderful, I could just picture one of them in a zen garden. what type of form do you use underneath them and how large are they in size - it is hard to get a persepctive on actual size from your photos.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Nice work CHICKEN...I especially love the bird brain lady!

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

ktulip11, I agree with nicethyme, your stepping stone is like a Monet painting, so beautiful. The colors you have chosen and the way they are arranged are so artful and beautiful.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

What fun to see everyone's folders!
    Mine is basically the same stuff. I've done "mind-work" lately. Too much going on! But... again everyone's work is VERY inspiring!

I don't have everything in just one set yet... so just skip over the family photos. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Fiddlekate's pictures

• LinLee
    15 years ago

Sorry I've reverted to "lurker" status lately...can't seem
    to keep up with so many sites. Here's my stuff...
    Lin

Here is a link that might be useful: Lin Schorr's flickr album

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Chickencollector,our minds must run alike,I have plans for a head to be named birdbrain also LOL,not at all like your beautiful one tho! I love it...can't get all the little items for mine together just one at a time when I find them.Springville ,my Buddahs are quite large and very heavy made of clay and concrete I think,I found them at Marshall's they are 19" tall and 32" around a lot bigger than they look here.Love everyones work,,such artist SIGH!!

• meadel
    15 years ago

Oh man.. I just spent hours looking through all these amazing photos!
    You are all incredible !!!!!

I don't have many mosaics yet but I'll post some of mine.. I can't wait till I make more now.. ( and If I can get off this computer, I will..)

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

bamasusanna, wow your birdbaths and your mirrors are spectacular, such small pieces. Wonderful work.

I am having to look at everyone's photos individually as I have dial up and it takes me forever to get the stuff to load.

I don't have an album since I have only just started the one bowl, but I know have some pieces to go into the second bowl, so hopefully I will have more mosaics to post in the future.

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

crackpotannie, thanks for the info on the buddhas - are they heavy to move when you are finished? I notice my bowl is significantly heavy now that I have the gems on it.

I will now be looking at items in the stores from a completely different light - the light of a mosaic. Your buddhas are beautiful. In fact I saw a two foot maple shadow box at the thrift store the other day and I am now thinking it would look great mosaiced and imbedded into a fence or wall or something, hum. I better finish what I started first.

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

fiddlekate, wow, Jake's skateboard is beautiful and so is the sailboat. Wonderfully original work all of it.

• ktulip11
    15 years ago

springvillegardens...thanks so much for the beautiful compliment.

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Springville, thanks for compliment! The car was a 1968 Checker Marathon, Checker Motors tried for a very short time to build a family car... it was the same as the cab without jumbseats. they also produced a wagon model. great cars built like tanks

That was me in 1985, in college.

Lioncut is done on my cat Butter every spring because he doesn't let anyone groom him and he is one giant matte of hair by then.

Sniperkitty is a picture to post in threads when someone brags that they are done way ahead of schedule! LOL

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Still have no time to play here but here's my link. Going to a Day Lily farm today - too busy to mosaic lately.
    Album link

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

Forgive me for getting off topic, but nicethyme, I can't believe there is someone else with a cat named Butter. Here is mine looking for gophers. He is a big cat and people who come to visit my lavender gardens call him a small mountain lion.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Two addiitonal photos of Butter - first 3 photos in album

• daisyme
    15 years ago

It was really great to get the info about how to include an URL here. I'm not very tech savay, and had no idea how to use that information below here. Thanks, Nicethyme! Just yesterday I was able to establish an URL for my birdhouse album. Now let's see if it works when I do it! (grin)

Here is a link that might be useful: Daisy's Birdhouses

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Ok, I have not even looked in this album for awhile.
    Good grief, I have made alot of stuff!
    After going thru it I kinda think I should get started again!
    Thanks for the prompting to do this!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fernies Mosaics

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

welcome to the forum Fern! wow you sure have made alot of things... The snails are really eye catching! and the Dancing Woman and Man are TOO FABULOUS! are they wall hangings?

• texasfern
    15 years ago

The Dancing Woman and Man are done on glass.
    I found these casings and hinged them together so they stand.
    These were inspired by my cruise in 2004 and I made them as a gift for my aunt and uncle who took me with them.
    This was one of my first attempts at glass on glass.
    Thanks for askin!

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

texasfern, WOW, you do wonderful work and are so prolific. I love the birdbath. May I ask what type of tiles are the muted blue ones - I just love their tone. And how do you find the exact center of the piece to start? I think that is where I got off on my bowls? You don't hesitate to mosaic anything - I applaud you.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Thanks Spring.
    Actually I haven't done a thing in a couple of years, but thanks to my "sistas" and this site I am getting motivated.
    It feels sooooo good.
    My husband used to bring me home all kinds of tile when he was plumbing custom homes.
    I will do some research and will get back with the type of tiles they are.
    If I remember correctly, I laid a yard stick across the bowl horizontally, marked the center and then vertically (geez I hope this makes sense) and where it crossed I marked it.
    I have to say that that is one of my favorite pieces.My aunt and uncle have this one too!
    The bowls I used I cast and fired to bisq, I have since retired the ceramic thing.I'm too old and it's too hot in Texas!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I found it!
    I am sure you can find a better deal somewhere, this was just the first one I came up with.

Here is a link that might be useful: tiles for blue bird bath

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

Hi texasfern, thanks for the info - I know what you mean about heat. It's blistering here in summer too.

The two bowls I am doing are also ceramic bisque fired. I got them at the thrift shop and just couldn't resist them since they were a nice big size of 15 inches in diameter. I didn't know what cone I could fire them to so I couldn't glaze them for fear they'd melt. So I decided to mosaic them. I should have used a plumb bob when I marked the center instead of just eyeballing it from above the rulers. I'll do better next time.

I also work in ceramics - handbuilt pieces from slabs to Cone 10 thus far. You can see some of my work at the link and I have a ceramic blog under the same title. I took a ceramic bead class - now that's really fun, because beads are small and easy to deal with. Right now I am getting my kiln (skutt) connected up so I can do the ceramics at home instead of just at the college and a friend is building me a slab roller, but that is a whole other topic I guess.

Do you seal your pieces after you grout them - particularly the birdbath? If so what do you use to seal them? How do they do holding water, does the grout stain or get any algae buildup with use outdoors?

You've given me an idea about going to the tile store I used for remodeling my house (2 bathrooms and our living room) and seeing what they throw away. They threw away 4 pieces of slate when I did my living room right in the trash can - I wasn't doing mosaic then so I didn't even think about it. I could have done something really neat with all those pieces. And I have a wet saw - not sure how easy it would be to cut the pieces real small with a wet saw though - I might try it though.

Well I have all my ingredients and tools set out to start grouting the turquoise bowl - so here goes. Wish me luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Starr Gallery

• meadel
    15 years ago

There's some absolutely amazing artwork in these albums! Bravo Ladies .. Bravo !!!

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

texasfern, thanks for the link on the tile. Are we talking about the same birdbath? I thought your tiles were opaque. the tiles haave a sandy look to them and striations in them? Or are my eyes going bad? I linked to your birdbath photo below.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Daiseymy, I do love your birdhouses! I keep telling myself that I'm going to mosaic some, and have never gotten it done. Now, I have more inspriration than I know what to do with! Thanks for posting your album.

Fernie, I'm glad you posted your album. I haven't looked at your stuff for a long while now. I had forgotten some of the wonderful pieces that you've done. I'm really happy to know that you're going to be getting back at it.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Chickencollecter, thank you! so much for your note. It's inspirational to me to know when they're enjoyed by others, and your note cheered me up when I'm here with a cold. Do a bidhouse and post a picture! We'd love to see!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Sorry Spring! I guess I jumped the gun. Give me a little time and I will get a link for the right stuff for you.
    I fired the bisq to cone 06 and sealed the heck out of them with a Tile Lab product. I use the terra cotta sealer and also the matt finish. I used the grout and tile sealer on this one, and alot of it.
    The last time I was at my aunts it looked ok, but she doesn't take as good care of it as I would! LOL!
    Getting in good with a tile store or contractor is a great was to get stuff, but beware, you will end up with tons of stuff!
    I got a carload of terra cotta tiles from a carwash that was being redone up the street. I just took the guys 5gal buckets and they filled them up every day for about a week.
    I love your slab work! So original and nice glaze work.
    Now I am envious! You have a wetsaw!

• ba1je
    15 years ago

hope i do this right...barb

Here is a link that might be useful: barbs stuff

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

MY OH MY!!! I am in AWE of all of your work. Everyone of you is a true artist!
    I want to take lessons from all of you.

Keep those beauties coming. I get new ideas from each and every one.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Whoa Barb! You ARE meticulous! Absolutely stunning work!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Theres that beautiful sink mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm