Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Isaiah Zagars Magic Garden..

Posted by meadel (My Page) on
Fri, May 1, 09 at 22:09

I went to Philadelphia today and had a blast looking at these mosaics.
This man is amazing. I can't begin to describe what I saw.. difficult to photograph it all. I wish I had a wide angle lens.
Slow, I kept thinking of you the whole time ! You've gotta go !

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out my pic's.. and drool : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Isaiah Zagars Magic Garden..

Doncha just love his work. Every time I look at pictures of his work, I get a new shot of inspiration. Wish I had a couple more life times to spend mosaicing. Your pictures are great. Wish I had time to take off and go, but springtime is here and I have toooooooo much work to do. Also wish I could shut things down and go visit Riana and do some mosaicing on her new work. Now THAT's an amazing woman. Thanks, MEADEL, for sharing.

o

Great pics, so inspirational. Makes me want to mosaic anything that isn't moving, lol.
Cindy

o

Meadel, I just posted a similar thought about Slow being our gal to do the Zagar garden and house. LOL. Would love to see in person.

Thanks for sharing the link.

o

i love his work. seeing a show about him is what got me interested in mosaic in the first place.

o

I have to keep looking at the photos, knowing that I missed a lot of detail. It was overwhelming. Slow, it was the closest I could get to your work. Someday I have to go west and see your Queendom. You have always been such a inspiration to me !

o

Oh, he must be taking lessons from Slow.........(grin)

o

Yeah, right, y'all - y'all give me waaaaay too much credit. I think he has help. Y'all crack me up. MEADEL - it's not that far - check Mapquest - get on the Amtrak, or a plane or your car, and get on down here. W/LOVE to have you. If I were younger, and wasn't trying to get it all done in a rush b/f I move to Heaven, I'd love to emulate your awe-inspiring work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here