Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

Here's some progress at last !

flagtruck
13 years ago

A few things grouted including enough edgers to do part of my patio where the timbers were rotting out. Thats a lot of cake to ice Janey Bo. I am still weeding beds and repotting plants in between grouting and sealing. I will post some more grouting pics tomorrow. The edger project took all day today and I have been grouting them for a week. LOL Only another month of grouting left. Ugh.

Here is a link that might be useful: Progress

Comments (14)

• recycler4art
    13 years ago

U Rock!! Is the gazing ball an upcycled bowling ball? If not what other (if u or anyone else knows) objects could b used to make the gazing ball?

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Cool! flagtruck, you have been busy.

recycler4art, you can mosaic styrofoam balls, the white crispy kind you find in the floral department (not the green). I know, it doesn't sound like a good idea but I have done it and it is okay!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

recycler, the ball is solid concrete poured inside a kids ball (about 8") then the ball peeled off. I have some more I wil post sood as I get them grouted that are done on bowling balls, two on cement balls formed over a soccer ball and a couple more small ones done in small rubber balls. Some here use globe light fixtures filled with mortar and then the glass broken off or left to mosaic over. Your preference. I spray mine on the inside with PAM so I can remove them easily. I have not done as Silva suggested with the styrofoam, I am sure it would work just as well.
    I still have a large exercise ball to cover as a form, really getting anxious to do it, but too many things to finish before then..The mushrooms are some that were in my yard in their past life and lost their paint or color so they are recycled. I believe these originally came from $ store.

• recycler4art
    13 years ago

awesome!!! My whole "theme" if you will, is to RECYCLE whatever I use, I do sometimes purchase tables or substrate from second hand stores or yard sales, but to me that IS recycling.. So, I am hoping this years yard sales will turn up some bowling balls!! Thanks for other suggestions, I do have some balls my husband lost when he left... oh wait, those may be a bit small... will NOT be posting pictures!!! (I am quite bitter, does it show?) They are golf balls ladies, stop that!!!! lol

• texaswild
    13 years ago

What was that you called me recently - YOU HUZZY! I love the edgers. RECYC: LOL - Too funny.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

AWESOME pavers!!! WOW!! I'd sure be in grouting heaven!!!ha! Another thing that Klinger has taught me, that I am doing now, is using old round light globes...filled with concrete and then cured and smash the glass and you have a gazing ball to mosaic!!! Bowling balls are capable of cracking when outside in the freezing weather, so I wanted a more durable solution, the last one I made, I put a pc of rebar in so I can set it in a concrete pillar(have yet to do, but just got an idea..) Recycler: I am a BIG fan of recycling too, most of my stuff..99% is recycled. And as my DD says: (said like Darth Vader: Ahhh, the bitterness force is strong in this one...)lol!!!;-)

• fldirt
    13 years ago

Oh, I love the edgers! Of course they all look great. Good job.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks to all. I have a few more things done and will do pics if the weather holds. Happy Mothers day to you all.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Love the edgers and the mushrooms too.
    Hey golf balls would be nice mosaiced for a fairy garden. But sounds like the ones you have don't deserve such a use.
    Kathy

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I missed this some how.I love all of them .I love to recycle also I have quit using bb fear if cracking have some setting out and have crack so I do not want to spend my time and they crack.I will have to post my curbing one of these days .

• texaswild
    13 years ago

NANA: Waaaaaaaah - post pictures of your curbine TODAY!!!! Wanna seeeeeeeeeee.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

NANA: Waaaaaaaah - post pictures of your curbine TODAY!!!! Wanna seeeeeeeeeee.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nana- I foutunately have not had a bowling ball crack. A lot of other disasters but not that.
    I think what Slow is trying to say admidst her tears and waaaaing is please post pictures of your curbing. I would love to see it.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A few more finished yesterday. Shiny blingy stuff! LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: more progress today

Sponsored