Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new to glass on glass mosaics

Posted by andi_mn (My Page) on
Sat, May 1, 10 at 21:41

hello from minnesota. i recently saw some very simple framed pics done with stained glass pieces on glass. i would like to do a few for my garden. wondering what glue you would use for this outdoor proj. i bought a huge thing of 'weldbond' but am wondering if that will hold outside. would like to see pictures of anyone elses glass on glass. thanks (i'll be around, would also like to do a mosaic on wood for the garden also) andi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new to glass on glass mosaics

Hi There! I use outdoor silicone adhesive for most projects...and mostly I do outdoor garden art. You can look up my post about 3 projects I just did, I have the tulip flower outside with a solar light in it...luv it! And I light up my pineapple every night, (it's sitting in my Art Room till I get some outdoor wiring/plug-in done) I personally wouldn't use welbond outside....

o

weldbond is a no-no for outdoors. GEII or any clear silicone will work for GOG outdoors as well as Lexel which is a type of silicone.
Wood is another no-no for outdoors, it will eventually warp and crack and your work will be ruined.
Nice to meet you and would love to see your work!

o

What WACKY said - exactly.

o

Yes I agree. Using silicone is a good idea for outdoor glass installation. I am in the tile business and I would also recommend a product called Durabond D-40. It is made to bond to glass tiles and can also be used for outdoor ceramic tile. If you have any questions please e mail me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Mosaic Adhesives

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here