Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Birdhouse

Posted by wackyweeder (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 21:39

Here is a birdhouse I made for Shrty411. I started with a tin. fiberglass tape, thinset-then mosaiced it. weighs a ton!

Marias Birdhouse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Birdhouse

Cute!!!

o

Now THAT's creative. You mean all this from a tin can? How clever and darlin'.

o

That is so clever! Just darling.

o

I love that .Beautiful!! How did you put the hanger on? and is the top a sugar lid?I want to make one...

o

I LOVE it!!! I love the glass top, the way it hangs on the chain, the teapot look, ingenious!!!

o

Yes, it was a tin can with a lid that cookies or candy or somesuch came in. I punched the holes for the hanger, and the entrance. put some wire loops in the holes. I fiberglass taped the inside and thinsetted it, popped the lid on, fiberglass taped the whole thing and thinsetted it, being careful to leave my wire loops for the hanger out. then I thinsetted the cap carefully on-It was a candy dish lid. underneath it I glued some globs just to add color to the sparkle. I was SOOOO careful with those wire loops, then when I grouted I covered them up! I had to dig them out. I just attached some twisted copper for a hanger.
Thanks for the compliments ladies!

o

Its adorable. Very creative. I like the teapot look.
Kathy

o

Adorable! What a creative way to recycle ;-). Great job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here