Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mermaidmosaics

Sir Wigglesworth (AKA the White Rabbit)

Mermaid
15 years ago

Couldn't decide what should be the next victim.

Here is Sir Wigglesworth!! I bought him a great little store in Salado, Tx with the same name. He's traveled with me many times so I decided he needed a special set of clothes.

Looked at a bunch of pix of the White Rabbit from Alice in the Wonderland. So I gave him a brightly colored jacket, yellow vest, and he'll have white gloves. Don't know what I'll do with his legs yet.

We'll see..

{{!gwi}}

[{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Oh, yes, on one of our travels, he lost part of his ear. I gave him a "purple heart" already but I do want to try and build his ear from a part of a shell i found. I just have to figure out how to attach it, etc...

Comments (35)

• ba1je
    15 years ago

how cute is that. cant wait to see him finished..barb

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

very nice mermaid, love the glass colors!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book of all time, I just LOVE your Sir Wigglesworth! Looking good...can't wait to see him done!

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Barb, Nice, Cindi. . That is a great book isn't it Cindiloo..

The glass is Oceana art glass that I bought on ebay. It's gorgeous glass from the ole style of glassmaking. I bought 20+ lbs from wholesale mosaics when she had it available.. I was thrilled with it, every time I looked at a different piece, it just says what it wants to be. I have a beautiful blue and purple color i want to use for a mermaid tail..(it's even in the right shape). and found a color for my sea turtle(next project) and it would be so perfect in a GOG...

So much to do.. so little time in the day...

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Small world ,that shop is one of my favorite of all shops.Did you see it when they had about 20 concrete pigs out in the yard?I wish it was still there I loved it. you cut an ear from foam and glue it on smear some concrete on it and mosaic.where did you live then?

• shrty411
    15 years ago

He's going to be so cute!!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

He's so cute, I luv Bunnies!!! He'll be pretty spiffy when you are done! I was gonna suggest what Crackpot Annie said, except I was gonna suggest thinset for glue.

• cait1
    15 years ago

He's looking GREAT!! I love the purple heart, just the right touch of whimsy.
    I love that wholesale mosaic store, too. I also bought a bit of the oceana glass but just a sampling as I had to hold back b/c of the shipping costs. But I've ordered glass bits from her since and received my order in less than a week's time. She's really good and ya can't beat her prices.

Yes, the oceana glass is amazing and I also pick up pieces and look through them and love how they feel. Gosh, you've barely got Mr Wigglesworth started and I'm already looking forward to your GOG!! HA

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Janie's right I meant to use thinset for glue too.

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie, Sir wigglesworth was my favorite shop too. We lived in Georgetown then,(about a half hour south) and I made numerous trips to Salado. I was sorry to see she closed. I wasn't into mosaics back then or i would have wanted all of those adorable critters in her yard. Are you close by?

Thanks Jane and Annie for the ideas on how to do his ear. That sounds MUCH better than my half seashell idea.

Shrty, I sure hope he turns out okay.

Cait, I bet shipping was a pretty penny to Oz land for that glass. And I was amazed at how fast my glass came and her prices are really reasonable. Hmm i haven't been back to look since DH declared a moratorium on glass buying.
    LOL

Today I think i will be stuck inside because the air is full of smoke from the wildfires. I got a headache from just doing pooper patrol with the dogs.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I know this is off topic, but we actually have a poop picker-upper biz in town!!! Their motto: It's a dirty job, but someones got to do it!

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OH MY.... Jane!!!!! ROFL That's it. my new career so I can buy more tile!!! See I turned it back on topic . Pound per pound!!!!!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Pound per pound!!!!!
    ROFL!!!!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

No I live in harlingen down by south padre island and mexico,but have been thru salado many times and always shopped at her store.loved loved loved it,no othr shop like it.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Very cute!

• bettycbowen
    15 years ago

AW, Sir Wigglesworth in Salado! I have an ostrich egg from there, I've wondered if they were still in business, what a GREAT store. Your bunny will do them proud.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Cute, cute bunny!!! Love it!
    So sweet to give him a purple heart! :)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

W/be darlin. See what wonderful info you get on this forum. I wouldn't have thought of the foam. Janey Bo is the queen of foam. Had planned to retire in Salado - even bought acerage - used to live in Round Rock. When I saw how Salado was gonna be another bedroom community of Austin, I changed my mind. Wonderful area.

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Isn't it a small world?? Amazing you can post to an international forum and find people who know where a pint size town is located. And yep Slow, that is why we left Georgetown..

Betty, an ostrich egg?? Cool did you mosaic it??

I'm stuck working on Sir Wigglesworth. I finished his coat, but can't figure out how to do his face. keep trying different things but they don't look right. I took part of his vest off and redid with a lighter yellow color. Will try and take pix tomorrow and let you see how far , or should I say, not far, i have come.

I also need to find a place to pick up foam. Would stryrofoam be okay, or do I need polystrene. I almost put a ball of stryofoam in my cart at the $store today but then realized i wasn't sure what would work the best... Now that gas is so high, i think i will just order online. find a place that gives free shipping...

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, I worked until midnight on Sir Wiggle. Still debating on what color and media for his base?/glass? pebbles?shells. I tried shells but they just didn't fit. i might just do green grasslike..

Then got to find his ear and finish the rest of him
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

I'm not happy with his mouth yet, and do need to find some matching marbles for his fluffy cotton tail...

At the last minute, I saw the half marble might make a cute nose so glued that one on.. HOpe to work on him again tonight

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

What an adorable guy is Sir Wiggles! I can't wait to see this finished!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Ooo, he's coming along nicely. I find mouths hard to do, I'm working on a project that I'm not realy happy with the mouth, so looking forward to seeing the perfect solution I just know you will come up with!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Interesting for you to share your thought process w/us. You'll find the solutions, and this w/be so adorable.

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Almost done. I finished Sir WIggle's ear using foam and thinset, I did several layers of thinset. DH put a screw in his ear so I can just slip the foam over the nail and glue it together with more thinset. Ill put the tile on the ear and grout it, II think) before I put it together.

I've grouted Sir Wiggle's base with black, ( i won't tell you what i did for the base-but it is in keeping with Alice's adventures).

Dont' know why, but is totally exhaust me to grout even a little thing like that. Course I was being careful I didn't get the black on Sir's jacket. LOL

ANy ideas of what color to grout the whole Sir Wiggle?? I'm leaning towards gray like rabbits?? Course I don't have any gray.. so will have to make a trip to the hardware store..

enough for now. we had air condtioner repairman out here this morning, the the drywall people all evening and for the next two days Just now finishing the damage from Hurricanes Jeanne and Francis. . Some holiday weekend.

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sir Wiggle is done!! I wanted to add a watch, but decided to just leave him be because he will be an outside rabbit.

Only thing left is to polish him and add more sealer.

{{!gwi}}

OOPS, I see a problem with his new ear, need to clean off the tip. oh well.. almost done, also not happy with his toenails. By the way, he is sitting on a chess set of course.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

C-U-T-E!!! WOw oh WOw, did he ever turn out great!
    Good fix on his ear. Just LOVE that tail! Good job!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Turned out great,love your colors on his jacket.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

He's adorable. What a great job!!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW! GREAT JOB on the ear!!! You can't tell which ear is foam! Way to go!!! He turned outso great!!! LOVE the jacket idea!!!!

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I wasn't happy with the pix showing SIr Wiggle's ear, so here goes again. I think these are better. I would have to doubt the glass if I wanted his ear to be one level, but I am sticking with this. I probably shouldn't have tiled his ear before I put it back on him..

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Thanks Silva, for the frame.. I need to grout it and I will be done. And find a pix and send to my Mom for a belated Mother's Day

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

What a cute frame! Sir Wigglesworth looks next to it!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

ooops! He looks GOOD next to it.

• Mermaid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Gals, and I meant.. i would have to DOUBLE the glass, not doubt, to make his ear level since I had glued the glass onto the ear BEFORE i put it on the rabbit.. so then.. when I put the thinset all around to combine his ear stub with his prosthetic ear, it came out kinda catywampus if you know what i mean. but hey.. he has a purple heart, so it's understandable

Cindiloo , you and I are having typing problems. LOL
    and, i am still debating on what color grout to use for that frame

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

He's so cute! He turned out perfect!

• ba1je
    15 years ago

love the rabbit. came out great....barb

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living