o
RE: Fountain Surround

You got me girlie....wondering what comes next

o

Me too.......

o

Stay tuned - gonna be a busy day today, so another picture tonight.

o
RE: Fountain Surround - and

Progress - too tired to explain. Stay tuned.
Day 2

o

WOW!!! ....I'm waiting till you start layin' that stuff to cover your house...then I'm buying shares in the wiremesh company!!! Cuz you'll inspire EVERYBODY here to do the same!!!lol!

o

Ijust came in from working on my door and tuned in, still no more pics or explanation. Are you running the streets or trying to keep up with Ronnie? Don't dawdle.

o

FLAG: You mean you can't read my mind from those four images??? WHAT? Oh, OK - The jester shaped is a planter, the two round colums are to be planters - I'll cut and make the pointy things, and I'm working on another planter - larger - same style. I made a niche yesterday, and double layered a sheet of the wall that Ronnie darlin' piddled with. Lordy, I can outrun him on this stuff. Guess he can't read my mind either. He did put the rebar deeper than I could have done, and laid in the "wall. It'll be clearer tomorrow - I'm working alone today. Of COURSE - this w/be creted and MOSAICED. Gotta chisel out the flagstone around the front of the fountain to plant the grasses in the ground instead of building another planter. It's a large project for l'il ole me, but I know I'm gonna love it, if I live after the positions I'll have to get into to make it happen. Oh, I LOVED that word when one of us told YOU not to dawdle. I don't think that word applies to either of us. LOL.

o

I am amazed, I already figured out the planters and columns. This is going to be beautiful. Have you figured out the design yet for the wall? Get it creted and I will come draw on it. LOL...You have done great and didn't dawdle at all. I haven't been either, I finally quit for the day on the door. Janice has to leave tomorrow for 3 wks and I will have a lot of time to finish it tomorrow and Monday. Then I will have to come up there and supervise or stick up some tiles...lol Take it easy and rest up.

o
RE: Fountain Surround and

Are you kidding??? Figured out a design for the wall??? Every step of the way has been "make it up as I go". Ron made a big mistake right off cuz I was in the garage, and wasn't "supervising", so I turned it into a very creative mistake, and ran w/that. Sitting outside last evening, I got even more inspiration, and changed a whole bunch of stuff. Attaching the niche now. Rest - don't know what that word means - never learned how. You're welcome to come and draw some stuff and even stick some tiles on. How about help w/grout? L.O.L.

o

Are you offering to help me grout??? I don't mind sticking some tiles. I will draw of it if you want me to, but knowing you as I do, you are like me, don't follow the design or the lines..LOL

o

No, darlin' - I was asking if you wanted to help ME grout - LOL. No way could I ever follow a plan. This is totally different than the original plan. Today's progress follows. Almost finished the sculpture, and can start creting tomorrow.
Third Day's Progress

o

OH MY WORD!

o

Oh my gosh slow, that's a huge project! I love the shelf, the planter, I just love it all and it's not even finished yet. This will be an an incredible piece. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

I do have one question, where in the heck are you going to get all the tess for the project!

Thanks for sharing and keeping us on the edge of our seat with excitment!

o

WOW!!! Amazing!!!

o

WOW WOW WOW This thing has grown in epic proportions. It is kinda like my little fish pond...grew into a lake..lolHow mant bags of crete is this thing going to take? Are you gonna mosaic all of it or just part of it and leave the rest to paint? I am speechless, I think my door is big, not, compared to this.
You will have to clean out your workshop and garage to mosaic this sucker! Back to the surplus store... more tile.
you could probably empty mine and yours on the great wall. That's what we should call it..Slow's Great Wall of China.LOLROF

o

Yeah, FLAG - this thing has grown!!! I'm hoping to use up all the chards laying around on the floor in boxes some dishes yet uncut etc. I have no idea how many bags of crete, but I have four to start, hopefully today. Still have some tinkering to do - putting bottoms in the columns for plants, a couple little candle shelves, and neatening it up. My house and garden is suffering because of this WALL. FLAG - not only w/I mosaic the whole thing, I'm mosaicing the floor around the fountain too. I'm gonna empty my stash on this project.

o

Oh, forgot to mention that today's finishing touches on the structure w/be cutting a heart-shaped hole in the wall in which to hang a beautiful red glass heart from PV that was in my last care pkg from CALAM and KLINGER.

o

Awesome Betty..you never cease to amaze me........I lost three of my mosaic balls in the hurricane, plus couple other stuff..I won't be mosaicing for months! Have fun for me!

o

Betty this is so great. You are really inspiring me with this project. How great the glass heart will be a part of this, It is going to be wonderful when you're done. It sure will take a lot of tess, it'll be neat for you to use stuff you've had for a while and didn't know what it was going to be used for,
Cindy

o

Gee whiz. I wrote a long response yesterday and sometimes (because of the way this forum is set up) I don't remember to review and SEND! This is the beginnings of one incredible project, Slow. I can't believe how you fly from one right into another. It's wonderful already, and we can hardly wait to see it develop. You done yet? (eg)

o

SLLLLLLIIIIIIOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW..!!!!!!!! AMAZING WOMAN YOU ARE!!! Here I am feeling sorry for myself fighting a cold and creativity block, and here you are going gangbusters from one fantabulous project to another!! Oh, if i could have 1/millionth of your energy-make that billionth. LOL.

oh i just can't wait to see what that merry go round in your head leads you too. So what kind of wire are you using?? How is it attached to the ground?? That last trip to PV must have really stoked your creativity cuz you've been going non stop since you got home.

I'll be cheer leading you every step of the day there girlie. Just LOVE your work and so admire you

o

o

Thanks, GYPSY - sorry for your loss. KLINGER: What might you be inspired to do next? Yes, have needed to clean my workshop for a long time, and this w/jump start that. DAISEY - funny girl - this w/take a few weeks. MER: If you could see your way clear to go to the Hacienda for a week, I can guarantee you won't be having any creative blocks for a very long time. I took Riana's course three yrs. ago, and continue to be amazed at the possibilities of this technique. Re your question - the wire is lath diamond mesh, available at Lowes. I've used quite a bit of rebar into the ground, and bailing wire to tie the mesh to the rebar, and the two layers of mesh together. I'm using Quickcrete concrete mix to gently push through the layers. This w/be a very strong structure. MEADEL: L.O.L. Thank y'all for the encouragement. I forgot to take a picture last night b/f I covered what was concreted, and was too tired to unwrap it. Cutting the heart-shaped hole today, scallops on the left pocket planter, a couple candle shelves, and the structure w/be complete. I have to get it concreted, cuz I keep coming up w/additions I hadn't planned to put on. I thought it was too busy an area b/f, but this is getting outta control.

o

Slow not sure I've figured everything out either but it looks like it's going to be amazing as usual!!!!!!!!!!

o

The Queendom is going to become a tourist stop in TexArkana! I want to be you when I grow up!

o

Good Grief Slow!!!! You are amazing!!! And Exciting!!! And FUN....Love it all

o

Thanks, y'all. Didn't make enough changes to merit a picture yesterday, cuz I've worn myself to a frazzle, and didn't work much. W/post an update tonight. NT - your last sentence was exactly what the whole class in PV said to me just about every day of the mosaic class - even the teacher. That's so nice to hear.

o

You go girlie. thanks for the info on the wire, got to check into it. i have a question. what is that gorgeous aqua color on your post?? I love it.

o

Made more progress today - the white is dried mortar, the wet is what Ron did today. I think w/tomorrow evening, and his day off on Friday we'll be able to finish concreting. Y'all don't know how anxious I am to start sticking on shards. MER: The paint color is odly enough "Fountain" from Sherwin Williams. Tried to take the colors from the fish plaque. BTW - I could NOT resist adding the last piece today - the heart on top of the niche.
Wednesday's progress

o

This is such an awesome project. It is going to be so spectacular when it's done!!

o

Holy Cow Slow!! It amazes me what you learned to do with that wire mesh, like you can build walls with that stuff!! That's going to be quite the spot, I loved it before, it's going to be awesome when you get er done!

o

Girl you never ceised to amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!Every one has said it all for me.I am in the prs of doinng my yard in a mosaic .It has kept me busy love what yue have done.

o

Thanks, y'all. Yeah, I've been unhappy w/myself for not utilizing Riana's workshop more, and decided to do something with it. Might be my last biggy, though. Cutting the wire is more difficult now than it was three yrs. ago. SQUIRRELLY - you know the cliche - "the sky is the limit". Truly, there's nothing one can't build w/this technique. Ron, my new handyman, is so amazed. He was very sceptical in the beginning of the project. He admitted yesterday that he had no idea the structure w/be so strong. NANA - as I said in the last thread, please show us what you've been working on. That's a terrible tease you threw out there w/o showing us some of your work. LOL.

o

I have to fix a spot on my pond wall and will use the riana method to finish it...Lookin Good Slow!!! Love Love Love the hearts!!!

o

OOOOHHHHHHH AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. es truly Slowmagnificient!! I bet you can't wait to start with the mosaicing!! Hope you are sending pix to Riana.

By the way, with Flag's blingy door, and your new wall, I'm inspired again. Think it was just that cold, took all of my energy away... Still, a trip to the Haciendo sounds like it would be wonderfully energzing, just not in the cards
Keep on keeping on, Slow!!

o

Thanks, you two. Anxious to see some up-date pictures, CALAM, of your garden works. MER - yes, Riana and Sam at the Hacienda got a photo. We keep in touch. Glad you're inspired again. Doesn't take much - just break something and glue, and it'll come back two-fold.

o

Like ALL handymen, they get sloppy toward the end of a project, especially when we're not looking. Several spots need touchup, and a couple areas on the backside need concreting - hope to finish tomorrow. Rain is predicted for the weekend, so instead of weeding the gardens the next few days, I'll be preparing shards - began today w/the tile saw and several plates - THAT's when Ron got sloppy.
Concreting almost finished

o

So...You got Ron to smear the crete!!! YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!!!!!

o

I'm just jumping up and down saying "I can't wait, I can't wait" I love it and the urge to come over and draw on it is almost mind consuming. lol I know you would be like me and not color within the lines. I can't follow a pattern to save myself. Great job Slow, I am so proud of your achievement.

o

I sure wish I could get my jaw up off the desk. Slow I am so amazed by all this. I had not seen anything like this before and thot hhmm how is it going to hold concrete. Well bust my buttons when I saw your update pic today. I'm so excited to see more of the process. Can't wait to see your design for this.

Kat

o

CALAM: Ron did most of the concreting, but I helped. My favorite part of the whole process is yet to come. FLAG - like I said - welcome, but yep - you know me well. Can't follow the rules. I have so many other things I'd like to make w/this technique, but hand strength is waning. KAT: The two layers of wire mesh is the secret to holding the mortar. I can't wait to see what the design is too - haven't a clue yet, especially since the whole thing is an after-thought to the fish plaque. Don't quite know how to work that piece into it. Any suggestions w/be appreciated, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

o

WOW I see it now!!!! Can't wait to see what U do with it...WOWWOWOWOW!!!!

o

Wow Slow! This is one fantastic project. You are really good working with the metal lathe. It's going to be one piece of heaven when it's finished.

o

Wow Slow, this is really looking more impressive all the time. What a huge job. Lucky you having a helper to do some of the tough stuff. I know you'll have fun doing the mosaicing on it. I really can't wait to see you get some color on that,
Cindy

o

Its absolutly amazing Slow!

o

CAC: Working on it today, it just might take me to Heaven - have to practically stand on my head to get in position to work. Took three hrs. to finish up what "helper" didn't do!!!!!!!!! Still have the back side of the section at the top of the fish plaque to concrete - to look nice from the other side of the fence. KLINGER: helper????? a little. Thanks y'all. Here's the beginning of the mosaicing. Groooooan - pain multiplied. Oh, the cross w/be adhered up into the niche - not finished it yet.
Fountain Surround mosaic begins

o

Girl you just blow my mind!You defy all the rules dont you ! I would love to come down and help you if I did not start a big pro. my self and just put my mom in the nur home from a fall .You do be careful.

o

Slow it looks awesome, I love the bit you've done so far.This is gonna be a huge project. Do pace your self, don't end up in horrible pain just to get this done as fast as you usually go. It will be so worth it when you're done.
Cindy

o

I totally agree with NT-your home is going to be a mosaic mecca. Unbelieveable things you do, you are a wonder.

o

Thanks, y'all. KLINGER - it's the rainy weather also. Not rushing more than usual, but it's an obsession to get this done to enjoy, and to make something else. Actually, it's not going to take as much of my stash as I'd hoped. I probably have enough stuff to cover two/three of these. Just trying to decide where to put what is the issue now. NANA - sure w/love to see pictures of your project.

o

Oh Slow, I know I've already mentioned it but DANG!!! I'm so jealous, of all the fun you are having!!! I am stuck doing all the hardscaping and planting in my yard before I get to my planned projects...like you I hope to use up a lot of my stash...I am a terrible hoarder of Stash Stuff!!!lol! And now working at my fav thrift store...well, I'm bordering on some kinda sickness!!!ha! I was talkin' to Klinger about her bare garden retaining walls and going 3d with niches and such...and here you are doing it!!!! Slow, You are So AWESOME!!!! Jane-xoxoxo

o

Definitely, CALAM, KLINGER has some wonderful spaces for 3-D stuff. Thanks for your compliments. Here's today's progress. Stopping a bit early. Had to rush a couple times to cover - light sprinkling of rain.
Today's Progress

o

You HUZZY! U trying to sneek up on all of us. You are way ahead of me...I love it..especially the turq and multi colors above and behind the purple shelf. The cross is awesome and the fish plaque looks like it belongs there...way to go....I am proud to say I know you.

o

WOW, you are already RAWKIN this mosaic! amazing

o

Holy Texas! Hold your hats on! What a ride! This is amazing, Slow. What fun! You go, Girl! Knowing you, I can hardly wait til next week when it's done.

Clap

o

FLAG: I'm STILL chuckling/LOL at your remark. My mother called me that so often cuz I was bad to the bone and always in trouble. LOVED your comments. And, DAISEY - that is a terrific image. Uh - nooooooo - don't think next week w/see it finished. Gotta drag out the tile saw this morn. Thanks, y'all.

o

Oh Slow this is amazing!!! Can't wait to see it done!!! Too darn cool!!!!!!!! I too am hoping to get out my saw tomorrow. I have lots of dihes that need cut and have yet to use it. Hubby got it for me for Christmas. But have to go pick up a hot tub today. Later

o

Got a blister on one finger from pushing the tiles through - 1 3/4" and hard as nails, and didn't use them after all. Not much progress either cuz I had to do a lot of hand-nipping plate shards down to size - - worn OUT today. Covering for the impending rain.
Tuesday's progress

o

All I can say is AMAZING!!!!

o

SLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! You amazing woman you.!! I'm speechless!! What a fantastic work. You found the perfect place for your fish plaque, looks like you made it for that space. And is that a humongous starfish I see?? All HAIL TO THE QUEEN!!!

It's just really really incredible and i predict people will be taking tours of you space the next time they have SAMA in Dalla. or maybe sooner!!

maybe you should teach a class down in PV, maybe you could get free lodgings. hmm.. should check it out

munching popcorn waiting to see what's next.

o

LOOKIN' AWESOME!!!! Gangbusters!!!

o

wowzer, you've done alot since I checked in last..looking so great...

o

looks like progress to me, lol consider how much area you covered today compared to my efforts - you run circles around me! I love the star

o

It is lookin GOOD, Slow...you should change your name to SPEEDY!!!! I'm LOVIN IT!!!!

o

Slow, wow you are really covering ground fast. Love all the work you've done so far.Take a break tommorow, and don't wear yourself down doing this. Blisters, from so much work , jeepers.
cindy

o

LOL - y'all make me so happy - smiling from ear to ear here this morn. It's very funny y'all think that's a yellow starfish. My DD thinks the same - she calls it a dancing starfish. As I told her, I started out wanting to make a giant flower. Granted, y'all, I don't draw anything out - I use a pallette knife loaded w/mortar for my drawing tool, so here's the story. There was an area just above the shelf where the new concrete met the old, and left sorta a daisy leaf-like shape. So, the first swipe w/mortar followed that shape. Never knowing where the next swipe of mortar would land - well - you get the story - by the time I got back to the first petal, it was too small, so I just couldn't get it right - kept enlarging, pointing the petal tips this way/that, and bam - no longer was it the dainty flower I'd planned. It all started when I was trying to get in position to place that shelf onto the mesh, and got it off-center under the niche. Stepping back in pain, I said "nope - not changing it, I'll use it to make a giant flower", and make the stem come up in that space and look like the shelf was planned off-center. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. KLINGER - "wear yourself down". I passed that four yrs. ago when I discovered this hobby - LOL. It's painful, yes, but I don't consider this work - I love what I'm doing, and am sorry it's raining today. W/be nipping plates by hand on the patio all day. Sorry for the long message, but......

o

Nipping plates while it rains.... Having all that tess ready to go means a blitz of activity as soon as the rain stops and another burst of "WowWees!" and "Amazings!" by the weekend, I'm sure!

o

Rain stopped early, hand gave out, so took the hammer and a concrete stepping stone to those tough to break plates. I really tried to get to the weeding, managed a few days ago to get one side of the walk way, but I'm afraid this project has eaten all my resolve to work in the garden. Note: This is a FLOWER, y'all, not a Starfish! LOL.
Wednesday's progress

o

And a fine flower it is too. I love how the stem comes around the shelf to make it look like it was intended to be off center. Clever girl.

o

oooh looky, a starfish on a stem! lol I tease, its a great flower! where'd ya get that cool leaf, was that a platter?

o

Go go Slow Slow. I am loving this each and every step of the way. I do so admire you and what you accomplish. WWWWOOOWWWWW and way to go.

Kat

o

LOVE the leaf platter!!! That's a great lookin' Starfish Plant!!!lol! ;-)

o

I too thought it was a starfish , butttt after a second look I see it is a beautiful Star flower!!! LOL....It's all BEAUTIFUL Slow!!! It's gonna be just lovely...

o

Well you can call it whatever you want to. I think it looks just like the starfish on the fish plaque..LOL
I think you have made great progress, it is looking more and more beautiful. I know it can not be easy being a contortionist and getting in all those funny positions. I feel for your bones and the Big A. Looking forward to todays progress. Loving it...you are my inspiration.

o

LOL - y'all and my DD!!! Maybe it was a subconscious thing - starfish-shaped thingy in the underwater thingy. The leaf shapes I bought several yrs. ago, and they were dishes. Have another one of the lighter, that I'll just cut up for tess. Shoulda used the saw on the bottom one. After I was well in to the evening cocktail hour w/music blaring inside/out, my yard man sticks his head over the blue gate, and I had to get up and help him tie back two out-of-control climbing roses. Worked w/him for two hrs. Got new ideas for today's work, so must get at it. Thanks, y'all.

o

Today was extra hard working under the red shelf. FLAG - next time I talk about working on something that requires working on the ground, w/you come up here and slap some sense into my head, please??? For those of you that are perfectionists, I'm sure you're quivvering, but this is HARD!!! for a 74-year-old, worn out body.
Thursday's progress

o

Slow, there is nothing worn out about you!!! You are amazing! I've been sittng around moaning and groaning about having hot flashes because of a hysterectomy that I WANTED to have and you're out doing headstands while creating beautiful art! As soon as I get caught up on here, I'm gonna get busy. At least I can be doing something to pretend these "power surges" are from hard work! :0) Love ya for being such an inspiration!

o

Thanks, GIBS: I'm still tryin' to outrun old age - figure the pain won't go away, so I might as well not sit and whine and give in to it. Got lots to do b/f moving to Heaven. Use those surges, girlie. That oughta give you some interesting names for your work too.

o

oh HECK, that would be hard for ME! why do you think I built my stair risers on plexi! LOL

I would never think that shelf isn't centered, its perfect! your progress is inspiring!

o

Photobucket is having trouble...I can't seeeee!

o

Slow I just love seeing the daily progress and watching it come to LIFE!!!! I tell you Slow I only hope at 70 something I can still do what you do, I just turned 52 but somedays between 2 grandkids, a dog, the house, laundry etc. and trying to get some art done, I feel 82. I thought it was supposed to get easier as you got older....Well I'm still waiting..................LOL.........

o

Thanks, y'all. I so appreciate y'all's comments. NT - thanks for that - I don't care if it isn't centered. Neither is the right column standing straight either. Nothing I do is perfect, but it pleases me, so I'm not worried. CATH: Don't look at it - outrun it - fast as you can. Only got to work 1 1/2 hrs. today - too much shopping - 50 lbs more mortar was one purchase.
Friday's progress

o

This sure is giving me ideas for my "Throne" chair!!! Yeehaw!!

o

I haven't checked in a couple days and WOW what progress you've made!! It's looking so awesome!!

o

awesome Slow, I love how this is coming along. You gotta come up with a name for this work. Great wall of Slowqueendom???

and, I knew that wasn't a starfish, I was just checking to make sure you knew it was a flower on a stalk. LOL. It's one funky happy flower.

Keep on having fun!!!

o

Good grief Slow, you are motoring along on this. It is looking so awesome, I'm sure this is going to be a challenge on your body so take it easy. Janie and I were out today and had a great time and we both raved about your latest undertaking.
I'm away for a few days, you'll likely be done by the time I check back in,
Cindy

o

I finally gotta peek! OMG.......I'd have to have a "lift" to get me up and down...............we need a picture of you working on this......I am picking myself up off the floor...you continue to come up with these unique ideas and then just jump in...............on my third drool rag......I just love this new project.........you are really the mosaic queen..........keep having fun.

o

Speaking of a "lift", GYPSY, that's exactly what I get every morning when I read y'all's comments. Thank y'all so much. MER: I was wondering last evening as I looked, wondering what today's first move w/be, what to name it. Probably my headstone - She Died Happy. And, My DD says the same thing about the FLOWER - happy. And fun - I'm having it. Yeah, GYPSIE: I sure look like a queen in my getup - old worn out clothes, stained and covered in crud, head rag, ear mufflers, mask, safety glasses, and soaking wet when using the little tile saw I bought from Harbor Freight - really queen-like - that's me.

o

I love the cup handles...are you using more of them? You are sure ginning right along on this...better than me..lol
I am the queen of do it and don't grout...I put that off as long as I can..
Don't you guys believe a word of it...she looks good all the time...sometimes better that others, depending on if she's goin dancin or not...I will go up there and take a picture for you all...I will have to show up unannounced or she will clean up. As soon as she knows someone is coming she cleans house...me too...lol
Great work Slow, I'm really liking it. You do good work..

o

Cup handles, FLAG - stay tuned. Oh, don't even speak of grout. Wish I'd taken your suggestion to push and smoosh so I wouldn't have to grout. Oh, you l'il heifer - DON'T YOU DARE SNEAK UP ON ME. If you stick your head over that gate, I'll sic Toby on you, dang it. I look AWFUL at work. Many thanks. Here's today's painful progress.
Saturday's progress

o

DAH HAAAANG! you are a speed demon! loving those circular patterns.

watch it though. Ronnie's gonna come along and say "hey thats great and all but wouldn't it be better if the spray bottle wasn't so high in the design!!!!" (rolling eyes)LOL

o

I stand and give you your due Slow. Wonderful job. This will deserve when done, you taking many mornings with a cup of coffee and basking in the beauty. Love what you are doing.

Kat

o

Wow! I absolutely love those circle thingies behind the planter column, they are a masterpiece!
Perfection is WAAAYYYY overrated. If you are happy with it its perfect. you go!

o

Thanks again, y'all. Very funny about the spray bottle. I was so tired when I took those photos, I didn't even SEE the spray bottle or the dishes spread about. KAT, when I was out last evening, in pjs, drinking 'ritas, I had an idea and had to get up, mix some mortar and stick on some tiles. I'm sick, I tell y'all, SICK. WACKY: Keeping the angles right on those plate shards is impossible down at that level. Yep - perfection w/never catch me.

o

Stopping early today - the tile saw episode wore me out, cutting plates, then had to nip all the cup handles I put on the niche. If you click full size, you can see the heart-shaped handle - there wasn't room enough for another, so I nipped the heart that was on the same cup. The blue/white border is what I put on last evening when I was in pjs. Can't decide what color to make the heart on top of the niche. Pink???? Help, y'all.
Sunday's progress

o

Wow, amazing progress everyday!! I love what you did with the cup handles. Maybe I need to start drinking 'ritas!!

o

This is making me drool more and more....love it. I think the cross on top should be one of your blues..turquoise if I was choosing..

o

Yea, Slow, i love those cup handles and yep give us that recipe for the ritas , they sure must have stamina and creativity as one of their ingredients!!

You simply amaze me very day I look at what you've finished since the last check in!!

o

OMG its mindblowing!

o

****SMILE***** MER - you have to go to the Hacienda to get the recipe. I thought I made good ones b/f, but got the chef's recipe last time, and WHAT a difference.

o

LOVE IT ALL!!! Guady? would be Proud!!! I really love the black and white border!!! I'm manic these days with my gardening...planted about 240ft of 3ftwide garden beds so far...and now I just scored my inspiration....

Here is a link that might be useful: Humpty Dumpty Mold!!!!

o

Da-haaannngggg Slow-be-dobie!!!
I'm so glad NT told me you were up to somethin' GRAND!!!
Your backyard is starting to rival Rianna's!! Love the surround. Did you double the mesh on both sides, or is it a single layer? You sure do give me a hankerin' to try something like this!!

o

Hot diggedy dawg, CALAM - how you come up w/these finds is a mystery to me. That's PERFECT. Where you gonna put Humpty? Love that vignette it's shown in. Man, I'm spent today. Working on the ground is KILLING me. Well, I'll be danged, BAMA - it's sooooo good to see your post here. Thought you'd left us forever. I soooo miss you. Oh, yes, my dear, it's all double painfully layered. It's addictive, and I want to build a garden candelier next to be put in that corner behind the left large planter. I have candles everywhere in the back yard, and it's so beautiful, and I think it only lacks a Riana candlelier on a tall pedestal perhaps w/hangy-down lanterns. Oh, this mind of mind - SHUT IT OFF.
Tuesday's progress

o

What can I add? More awesomeness!!

o

Love the turquoise? heart!! And those vine flowers are awesome, love their background! Mr Humpty Dumpty came into the Thriftstore I work at, just at closing time and I scooped that puppy up right away(Happy dance!)lol!!! I find my mind wondering and imagining how's he's gonna come together!!! He'll have his own brick wall too!!!
BAMA! Good to hear from you!!

o

Slow, I have one question for you... do you ever sleep?

o

OMG LOVE THOSE FLOWERS!!! its just keeps going further over the top than I could fathom!!!!

o

'mornin' y'all. Didn't get much done yesterday cuz I reclaimed the front walkway from being overgrown w/grass/weeds. The neglect was starting to really show, so I tore into it like a bulldozer, and didn't save much energy for mosaics. EMT: to answer your question - very little - been half awake since 1:30 am., and gave up at 4:30 and got up - mind won't quit thinking/creating. Thanks, y'all for rootin' me on. DAISEYME: Didja get my email, I sent day b/f yesterday thru the GW?

o

Slow this is amazing. So far I have enjoyed every step of this little corner of your fountain area. You are getting along fairly fast. When I saw the latest pic this AM, well all I could say was,isn't that my backyard?? LOL Be too heavy to ship to TN. Is there a site that gives pix and detail for working with the diamond mesh to make forms?

o

Know what you mean Slow. It's 2:50a and I've been up for over an hour. It's been raining the last couple of days and I've cleaned all I can now it's time to have some fun. Gonna start on my headboard tomorrow morning. Wish I already had it cut so I could work on it right now. I hate being awake with nothing to do.

o

'morning, y'all. Thanks for your morning lift. I hope to start grouting that corner today. Want to set the fountain part back up and get it running. I miss hearing the water flow, even though I have the nice trickle from the sink. Gotta go to FLAG's area first today - to a city-wide garage sale, then do the obligatory weeding for an hr. Might not get anything done today on the magnet that pulls ever-so-hard. KAT - no site for instructions. I took the course from Riana in PV three yrs. ago. All you do is cut, and shape your sculpture, using darts where you need to fine-tune it, stitch it together w/18/19 guage wire, and do it again - has to be double layers to hold the mortar. Then, if you want to make your own mortar, use three parts sand to one part Portland cement. I made it easier on myself this time, and used mortar mix - just add water. Cover and let your sculpture dry overnight, and it's ready to mosaic, stain or paint. It's an easy process. CATH: When I used to sew, making my own clothes, purses, etc. I w/get an idea in the middle of the night, get up and start on it. Not anymore - just too worn out.

o

City wide garage sale...OHHH!!!! You GOTTA post what goodies you find!!! Have Fun!!!

o

Janey Bo- this sale is supposed to be 350 miles long along US Hwy 82 beginning in my town. Slow and I went to some here, spent $3.99 and decided we could do more at home. I am still recovering from the flu and wasn't up to it. Slow can run circles around me. So I am at home trying to recuperate and I bet she's working on the Great Wall..

o

I didn't spend a dime until I got to Lowes and Taco Bell. Didn't make much progress - back gave out. If y'all w/check back to where there are shadows on this pocket planter, I just followed the details in those shadows. The bottom black w/supposed to be his beard, but it doesn't come across. Might have to change that. NOT TODAY. Thanks, y'all.
Friday's Progress

o

This is SO cool! I've been following your pics from the start and have lots of questions....like what is the wire? Chicken wire? And what is the compound you put on the wire?...cement? This is so awesome....I've never seen anything like it and can't wait to see the finished project with plants and all! Are you for hire?....lol I'm in Oklahoma, where are you? sorry to be so nosey...I promise I won't stalk you...lol

Addiesue

o

Very nice m'lady. I like the pot man...he is pretty handsome and the flowers from the plate centers and a very original idea. I must get up there and see all this in person....

o

It just keeps getting better and better. !! You are my idol
I can just see your passion coming out of this great wall. This is going to be the fastest great wall of SLOW you have ever built and also the most unique and beautiful!!

o

Smile, smile, smiling here. FLAG - get on up here. Sitting outside last evening I couldn't stand his goatee, so knocked it off. ADDIE: The wire is diamond mesh lathe, bought in sheets at Lowes. It took almost 12 sheets to double layer everything. The mixture I used this time is Quickcrete Mortar Mix. When I took the workshop in Puerto Vallarta from Riana three yrs. ago, we mixed our own mortar - three parts sand to one part cement. Not for hire - I'm 74 yrs. and don't have enough time left to make the things swirling in my head. In Texarkana, TX. Come see me and I'll show you how it's done. Got 10 Oriental Lily bulbs in yesterday's mail, so I'll be playing head gardner today. Don't know if I'll be able to mosaic too.

o

I Love Him!!! Perfect Slow!!! I'm practically manic now..trying to finish planting so I can PLAY!!! Cindy has been helping me plan my Humpty Dumpty and she offered a great idea for his body...clothes stuffed, then cemented over!!! I've seen teddy bears done like that!!! Now I got Another project to do...a head planter...thanks Slow!!!

o

I bet you can't stand it, I bet you are already working on the wall...?

o

Hi slow, I have been commenting here and there on your PB page because this thread is getting too danged long! LOL
I have seen tons of your pieces and lady, this is the best so far! That candleabra sounds awesome too!

o

Hey, WACKY - I agree that this thread takes too long, and w/start a new one w/the next picture. Didn't work on it at all yesterday - spent too much energy in the garden. BTW - I can't figure out what "PB page" is. Am I missing something here?

o

Wow, just WOW!

I'm just wishing I could see it in person, you're so talented.

o

Slow... this is amazing!!!
I've seen the link several times but not been able to contact because I was at work (lunch time fun. :)
Are you grouting with thinset on this?
I used your thinset method on a couple of stepping stones that had combination of tiles and pebbles... but the new one I'm doing is all tiles and stuff... no pebbles.
I can't see any difference in the look... and maybe the thinset will hold up better than the grout....? Or not?
Can't decide which way to go.
Again... your work is such a huge inspiration! Thank you! :)
Katie

o

I bow in thanks again, y'all. PANTHER: I welcome you to come visit. You can see it all and FLAG's wonderful world too, so plan a trip. FIDDLE: Where have you been? Been missing you!!! While thinset is a little more difficult to clean up, and mixing it w/grout makes it dry faster, I'll use half black grout and half thinset (UltraFlex II) on this, just to ensure adhesion on places I might have missed, and to get my charcoal color I like to use on everything. Don't want to have to worry w/mixing a colorant into thinset on this large scale project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here