Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower table

Posted by katishooked (My Page) on
Wed, May 20, 09 at 19:26

This is the second patio side table for son and dil. Needed a break, so thought I'd start this one.Mosaic flower side table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower table

Oh, that's very pretty. What is the background? Is the outlining in ball chain or bbs?

o

Slow the background is sg. I chose to use ball and chain to outline the petals. Thanks for looking and caring. I think we are all hanging in suspense to see more of your wall. Love it.

Kat

o

Don't believe I've seen that kind of glass in the background (under the flower), but I sure like it. What is it, and where did you get it? Oh, wait - I think I'm also confused. The flower seems to be a separate piece sitting on top of the background. Oh, the more I look at it, the more I'm realizing, you have the flower (painted wood?) sitting on top of a glass-topped table, and THAT's what I was thinking was the base. Geesh - I'm a dufus.

o

LMAO. Oh slow I'm so sorry. I misunderstood too. This is a glass patio side table I purchased at Big Lots. The glass is kind of like water spots. The white is the paper pattern I taped to the underside. Sorry LOL

o

This is going to be beautiful...love the flower...are you filling in the background or leaving the glass??? Very nice..

o

kati, this is going to be beautiful. Love that yellow color glass

o

Cathy, I will fill in around the flower. My thoughts are to go with different shades of greens or do rainbow colors around the out side. Willhave to wait and see what catches me. Thanks Mermaid. I considered many different colors, but this yellow seemed to be the best.

Kat

o

That a gorgeous little table, I bet it'll look great sitting outside with the sun shining on it. I think rainbow colors would look great,
Cindy

o

Whatevr you decide it's going to be lovely will be watching for the finished pic!!!! Later

o

Nice work Kati!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here