Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Introducing myself

Posted by wishdish (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 08 at 19:25

I went to Carolann's mosaic party last weekend and met some great ladies. So, I thought I'd introduce myself and show you some things I've made. I've only been doing this for about a year, but that includes lots of time not making anything, rather, collecting stuff to glue onto something else! My little area in the garage is getting rather full. My hubby told me I need to slow down on the collecting and get busy on actually making mosaics! I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with my husband and two boys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wishdish's Flickr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Introducing myself

Welcome Carolann! I've been out of town a few days so am just catching up. What a treat to see your mosaics! They are WONDERFUL! That teal stepping stone.. with the flowers... WOW! I want to try some st stones next Fall... you're is a real inspiration!
Katie

o

welcome wishdish, love that birdhouse with the yellow bird!

o
RE: Introducing myself... oops

Oops, oops, oops... sorry wishdish. You went to the party at Carolann's house. I should read more carefully! Welcome to YOU! :)
K.

o

Welcome To The Group

It was really fun to read your post, as it could have been written by me! (grin) I'll send you a picture of the corner of my garage if you'll send me one of yours. Then we can show our DHs we're not the only ones!

I love all your pieces, and am happy you've joined the group!

o

Welcome. Wow, you are doing great. Keep them pix coming. We all LOVe to see what people are working on.

o

Hi Ellen, it was so nice to meet you at the mosaic party. I just looked at your work and you are a super star!!! Wonderful mosaics.

I have tons of items gathered up to make into mosaic projects too. We'll have to get together again and do another project.

o

Glad you are here I love youur work I have a lot of stuff also .I have a whole Garge I turn into nana play room .Not much left for the GB.

o

Welcome.You did some nice work!! Looking forward to seeing more!!

o

WELCOME!!! I loved everything you've done so far!!! Especially the box for your DH! The rock handle...well, Rocks!!!lol! The gifts you made for friends and family , you can see the thoughtfulness put into them! Jane

o

So glad you've joined us WISH. Your work is spectacular. Love everything you've done. YOU should have given the plate cutting demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Oh, WOW! Your stepping stones are to die for! I think shopping for just the right plates is half the fun! And you can count me as another who has waaaaay to many things collected and stored in the garage!
Looking forward to seeing more of your art!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here