Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wishdish

Introducing myself

wishdish
15 years ago

I went to Carolann's mosaic party last weekend and met some great ladies. So, I thought I'd introduce myself and show you some things I've made. I've only been doing this for about a year, but that includes lots of time not making anything, rather, collecting stuff to glue onto something else! My little area in the garage is getting rather full. My hubby told me I need to slow down on the collecting and get busy on actually making mosaics! I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with my husband and two boys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wishdish's Flickr

Comments (11)

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Welcome Carolann! I've been out of town a few days so am just catching up. What a treat to see your mosaics! They are WONDERFUL! That teal stepping stone.. with the flowers... WOW! I want to try some st stones next Fall... you're is a real inspiration!
    Katie

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

welcome wishdish, love that birdhouse with the yellow bird!

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Oops, oops, oops... sorry wishdish. You went to the party at Carolann's house. I should read more carefully! Welcome to YOU! :)
    K.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

It was really fun to read your post, as it could have been written by me! (grin) I'll send you a picture of the corner of my garage if you'll send me one of yours. Then we can show our DHs we're not the only ones!

I love all your pieces, and am happy you've joined the group!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Welcome. Wow, you are doing great. Keep them pix coming. We all LOVe to see what people are working on.

• carolann_z8
    15 years ago

Hi Ellen, it was so nice to meet you at the mosaic party. I just looked at your work and you are a super star!!! Wonderful mosaics.

I have tons of items gathered up to make into mosaic projects too. We'll have to get together again and do another project.

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

Glad you are here I love youur work I have a lot of stuff also .I have a whole Garge I turn into nana play room .Not much left for the GB.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Welcome.You did some nice work!! Looking forward to seeing more!!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WELCOME!!! I loved everything you've done so far!!! Especially the box for your DH! The rock handle...well, Rocks!!!lol! The gifts you made for friends and family , you can see the thoughtfulness put into them! Jane

• texaswild
    15 years ago

So glad you've joined us WISH. Your work is spectacular. Love everything you've done. YOU should have given the plate cutting demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Oh, WOW! Your stepping stones are to die for! I think shopping for just the right plates is half the fun! And you can count me as another who has waaaaay to many things collected and stored in the garage!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your art!

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling