Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mattie_2008

Canadian gals

mattie_2008
13 years ago

Can any of the Canadian gals tell me where you are ordering your mosaic mesh from? Hoping to get it out of B.C. if possible.

Thanks

Mattie

Comments (8)

• klinger
    13 years ago

Mattie, I would just use some window screening . I've got some from the local Habitat for Humanity store. Where abouts in B.C are you. There's a couple of us here from the Island and Van.
    Cindy

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Whoohoo! Another BC'er!! We may have to plan a mini convention...heh heh! Any excuse for a P.A.R.T.Y.!!!
    Oh...and I have also seen a guy use landscape fabric.

• mattie_2008
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm in Comox and the stained glass shop here doesn't seem to have even heard of the stuff. Can't see landscape cloth working but screening will???
    Thanks
    Mattie

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I love that stained glass shop! Bought a lot of the glass I used in my peacock project there, they had a better selection than Nanaimo...until I found the Victoria stained glass shop...that has a 30% off sale every year...right around my birthday...oh ya...happy birthday to meeee!!!! This guy uses the landscape fabric...

Here is a link that might be useful: BadBoy Mosaics

• texaswild
    13 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS. CALAM - that website sorta overwhelms me - makes me speechless.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Ya, he is here in Nanaimo, there is nothing like him on the Island!!! He has 2 good saws and uses a garbage can set up like a cement mixer to tumble...it's actually 2 cans, one can come out of the other(just set in to tumble). I LOVE his leaves...I tried to make them myself, maybe have to experiment some more...I'd do my kitchen with them...and my front door patio. I've been to his store and he has a table with landscape cloth draped on it and sits there with a WIP. He sure takes this to a all new level...very inspiring! I don't know if I could/want to do it as it must be soooo time consuming...I am an instant gratification gal...willing to cut corners to get er done! Plus I can't cut a straight line if my life depended on it!lol!

• emtnest
    13 years ago

Wow Jane...do you know how he does his leaves? Like scoring marble or stone with a cutting tool? Dremel? They are cool.. he's quite an artist!!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I believe so, re: either dremel or I was thinking a angle grinder with a diamond disc on it. I tried with my tile saw, but not seeing where it's touching...sorta didn't work as wel, plus he shapes his so nice! guess it just takes patience(I don't have)and practice(can't wait)!lol!

Sponsored