Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loribee2

Garden Wall Project

loribee2
11 years ago

This project has been astonishingly easy. Unfortunately, I've picked a horrible time of day for lighting, but you get the idea. This project has been made so easy because I'm setting the wall on the edge of the existing patio. No leveling. Just some concrete glue and lay them down. I'm dragging home 15 blocks at a time in the back of my Honda Element to save the $80 delivery fee. With about 90' of wall in all, this will take a few weekends, but boy, what a snap it's been!

And I'm having soooo much fun with the free-form pattern on the mosaic blocks. After doing Mr. Sea and having to really think out the whole thing, I'm enjoying the relaxation of just throwing tiles on a block and seeing what I get. It's a nice break.

Comments (14)

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

I like that very much.Cool!!!!!

• loribee2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! And oops, I meant 30' of wall, not 90'! Oh, that would have been a looooong wall!

• silvamae
    11 years ago

I am loving it! So cool and so casual ...

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Good job! Glad you are having fun doing it!!30ft is no small feat!!!lol!

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Gonna be an interesting project to watch. LORI: You KNOW you're gonna add just a few on the back wall too!!! It's just begging for color. Attaching a link to one of my favs on Flickr.
    Simple mosaic on garden wall

• chinatreasures
    11 years ago

Very nice! I love the colors and organic feel to the wall.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh, Slow, I love that back wall mosaic!!! So cute and it's a perfect piece for next to a pond. So clever!!

Lori, your wall is going to be so cool!! Great idea!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh, Slow, I love that back wall mosaic!!! So cute and it's a perfect piece for next to a pond. So clever!!

Lori, your wall is going to be so cool!! Great idea!

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

This is the coolest project ! Just those little mosaiced bricks sets the whole thing off beautifully !

• igmommy
    11 years ago

Oh My! That's is so cool. How many of the bricks are you going to mosaic?

• freedomfe
    11 years ago

Awesome. Looks like a fun project.

• loribee2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone! SLOW, what an awesome wall! Thanks for posting it! I've got flowers on rebar that I need to make that I'd planned on staking along the back wall (so I could take them if I move). But I love the idea of a few butterflies or carrying along some of the "dots" or something. What a great idea!!

KEANA, I have figured that every 6th brick will be mosaic. That seemed to work out nicely.

Thanks for the encouragement! I love the idea that mosaic doesn't have to be all or nothing. I think it was the butterfly SILVAMAE put on her wall that gave me the idea. This is definitely THE forum for ideas and inspiration!

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Thanks, Loribee2! I really really like this wall idea. It inspires me as well. Thinking about covering an entire outdoor wall is daunting, but when you think of it this way -- well, it is do-able. I may have to steal this idea!!!

• loribee2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL, Please do, since I sorta stole it from you! My problem is my hubby and I have a habit of falling in love with homes and moving. In 25 years, we're on our 4th house. So I don't like investing lots and lots of time and money into something I couldn't take with me. This is a nice compromise. The piece you see in the photos I literally did in just a few hours. So if I up and moved, I wouldn't feel like I was leaving part of my sould behind, you know?

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz