Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too many projects, too little time!

Posted by loribee2 (My Page) on
Wed, May 4, 11 at 18:23

While I was waiting for my sea serpent to dry, I started a sunflower which is still only in the diamond lath stage. I haven't worked on either because I realized I didn't have anywhere in my yard to put Mr. Sea when he's done. So I stopped and spent the last two weekends landscaping my side yard (no joke), as I've always planned to cover the weedy grass and make a bird/art garden out of it.

In the process of asking the lovely folks on the California Gardening forum what plants to select for the area, I mentioned I do mosaic and plan to make a bird bath for the space. Now two people there have said they can't wait to see my bird bath. (Um...I haven't even started it yet). Now, I want to make the bird bath first, then move back to Mr. Sea before finally, maybe, getting back to my sunflower. Oh, and of course, there was the concrete mushroom I was working on before I started Mr. Sea. If I'm able to finish all those before winter, I'm wondering how many other projects I will have piled up in the interim!

How many projects do you all have going on at once? Or am I the only one with my hands in five buckets, and the rest of you are diligent to finish one thing before you start another?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too many projects, too little time!

Welcome Home Sister...You are Officially inducted into the Hall of Mosaic Addicts!!!! I have been known to have 3,4,5 projects going on at any given time. What else does a gal do when she is waiting for mortar to dry?!!!heh heh!

o

At least yours are all mosaik. Mine are all over the map. Recovering my fave wing chair recliner, making a skirt, mosaicking a lamp for my foster daughter, mosaicking a bowl (planning stage), digging new primrose beds, getting rid of invasive plants and replanting areas.
The sewing falls by the wayside in summer. I just want to make stuff outside if I can. Soon!
Katy

o

CALAM and CONCRETE said it all - Welcome to the happiest playground on the planet. My daughters and I often wonder what people do that don't have hobbies. Can you imagine sitting on the sofa in front of a telly all day - NO! Congratulations on having so many things going on.

o

Okay, good! Hall of Fame I can definitely take! LOL

And oh, Katy, I'm two years behind on my son's scrapbook, I've got some embroidery projects that have been on the shelf for a decade, a drip system in my veggie garden that needs to be replaced and 2/3 of a yard that still needs landscaped. I'm also in a choral group--but I practice my songs out in my workshop when I'm doing mosaic. So that's an ingenious way of completing two hobbies at once. LOL

Like you said, Slow, I can't imagine life without hobbies. Lots of TV, you're right. I am out of the loop on the programs all my friends and coworkers watch, but I'm okay with that! This is much more fun.

o

Ohhhh, My fav chair Primrose!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here