ba1je

blue tabletop

ba1je
15 years ago

my latest project. will be paintd and grouted in white....barb {{!gwi}}

Comments (29)

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I really love that. Can't wait to see it finished.

Be Safe, Rach

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, I love blue and your design is wonderful. Aren't you delighted with it? You should be! What are the beads made of? That's a great look. I just love this piece.

Daisy

• cait1
    15 years ago

I LOVE the blue, too!! I have some of those willow pattern plates, they're sooo beautiful. Your design is perfect. Will you use the table inside or out?

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

It's going to be wonderful!
    Sure wish I'd saved some of my Mom's old willow pattern blue china
    I REALLY like it ba1je! Looking forward to the finished table! White sounds like a great idea... crisp look.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOW Barb!! That is so beautiful and bright and cheerful looking. Makes me smile as I love those colors.

That table is going to be fantastic when you are completed. Are you planning to use that outside or in??

Check out that wonderful cutting job. Incredible, they are all perfect. And I love the design with the different tiles separated by gems and arranged in the circle
    That looks like a large table. How are you going to seal it?? And I'm trying to figure out what the table is made out of?? Did you glue tiles directly to table top or did you use some other substrate to make more durable.
    i know 20 questions but this is really cool. Enjoy and show us pix when you are done.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Balje: Another gorgeous project from you! Lovely table! If I remember, was it you that got your sister doing mosaics too? if so, get her posting some eye candy too! I just saw a concrete sink that is $50 used, and I've always wanted to mosaic one since I saw yours, but alas, I'm looking for one even cheaper!!lol! When you think about how much everything adds up to do a mosaic project, I'm always looking for cheap cheap cheap!

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

I had to come back for a second look at this! I have a bunch of the blue willow plates given to me by a friend. I told her I would make her a flower pot with some of them. Your table is giving great ideas on how to do it.

I've just noticed that you're using the blue onion pattern for the center. They work great together!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh what a gorgeous table top. You really did a number on this one, girlie. That is some super fine cutting of plates for the edge - such precision! Really beautiful.

• ba1je
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the table top is 24' across - its wood painted tan which i will be painting white. because its wood it will be for inside and i just glue directly to the top. i paid $10 at a yard sale for it so it was in my price range-cheap!! calamity--my concrete sink was free so thats why i did it. glass is expensive enough....barb

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Aren't yard sales fun? You have such a pretty way of recycling and beautifying your finds! Love this table, can't wait to see it done!

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

Really a good looking table! Cobalt blue is my favorite color, so your table really caught my eye! The white grout and paint will make all those pretty plates and glass stand out......great idea!

Pat

• ba1je
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well here it is-after several coats of white paint and grouted in white. hardly ever use white grout but i'm liking this....barb

• carolann_z8
    15 years ago

That's soooo pretty. It looks so different after grouting it.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

So crisp and clean and pretty! Great job!!

• bettycbowen
    15 years ago

So very very pretty. It will be so much fun to use - flowers, plates, etc etc. everything will look better sitting on that table. I can just see a pitcher of margaritas and a plate of oranges & lemons.

• ba1je
    Original Author
    15 years ago

now theres an idea-now i just need to get some tequila...barb

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Simply beautiful!!! I really, really love that table!
    You did a fantastic job!

Be Safe, Rach

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

Wonderful! I just love the colors you picked. The design really catches movement. PJ

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Pretty as can be. You are GOOD!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOW , that turned out beautiful!!! Barb, it would be funny to take a pix of your table back to the ys person and ask if they recognised the table. LOL. Better yet, don't do that, or she might want it back!!!

hmmmmmm that is really turning trash into treasure. Yes, the white grout was perfect for that crisp, refreshing look !!

You did great!! Keep them coming. I do LOVE that table.

• bianchi2
    15 years ago

Oh how beautiful. The white paint really sets off the blue. I love it.
    Bianchi

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!! Made a cute table even better!!!

• hrsg
    15 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Love the flow of the pattern.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I liked your WIP... loved the colors... but grouted and painted... GORGEOUS!!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Really beautiful,the white really made it pop and your design is wonderful.Really really like this one and I'm not even a blue gal!!!

• gibsona
    15 years ago

Barb,
    Since you "hardly ever use white grout", I wanted to offer to go ahead and take it off your hands just because I care so much I don't want you to be uncomfortable with it. :0)
    ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!
    Ann

• ba1je
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ROFL---thanks...barb

• lynnich
    15 years ago

That is gorgeous! It was pretty before grouting but the white grout totally set it off! You did a great job on it for sure!

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Haven't checked in here for awhile, so busy with gardens!
    I sooooo love this table, the blue china is my favorite, you did a fantastic job on the design.....I love it!!

Sponsored