Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So Needy

Posted by christi508 (My Page) on
Wed, May 6, 09 at 17:20

I am feeling very anxious about this project. I have a few flowers on, but the white pieces are just lying on for ideas. I like the white tile on the outside of the flowers, but not so much on the inside. Do you think the grout would be too much on the inside without the white? Any suggestions? I live in Florida, if someone can come over and just fix it all..Thank you thank you thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So Needy

LOL - there's not one thing wrong w/that. You'll see how it comes together once they're all in place, and your grout is on. A background color is necessary. Keep doing what your'e doing, and keep them closer together so there's not much grout. Fill any large holes w/a teeny white background tile. Gonna be beautiful, and you're gonna love it. Wish I lived closer.

o

nothing wrong with what you have done, like Slow says just do more background tile. The less grout the better I always say. All my stuff has very thin grout lines..or noneatall...good work.

o

Oh I think you've got it. Flag and Slow are right get your stuff closer together. The closer the better is right. It's gonna look fine just keep at it. But quit messin around and put it where it needs to go. If you don't like it you can always chip it off. I've chipped lots in my day. You're doin fine girl

o

I like it so far. I have found if you keep going with your plan/design it usually comes together. What I see, I like.

Kat

o

Again, thank you for all the suggestions. I really like the one about being able to chip off and start over again. I have never been good with comittment! I will persevere.

o

I think you're no the right path, and agree with the others, smaller grout lines is the way to go. This will look stunning,
cindy

o

Christi, you've gotten lots of great feedback. Don't worry! I sure love those flowers and leaves. You can't go wrong. You're going to love this piece when it's finished.

o

Looks like your off to a great start. Listen to the other experienced ladies about the smaller spaces, they all do some beautiful work. I need to get off my chubby little (er, I mean, BIG) butt and get busy myself. LOL

Thanks for sharing.
Donna in Florida

o

Yeah, CHRISTI girl - nail those suckers down and get on w/it. Off to Dallas for the weekend, and hope to see it all glued when I get back on Sunday. LOL.

o
RE: So Needy - and

You done yet?

o

Here's the progress so far..not perfect but I am having fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: So far..

o

CHRIS: THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! It's so happy, cheerful, and so well done. Your pieces fit together beautifully, and the white background, when grouted, w/be just perfect. I LOVE these colors. Are these the Pebo porcelain paints. Since I love purple, and can't get purple glass, this is the perfect way to get hot pink and purple for my projects. Isn't this so much fun? Betcha you're hooked already, and are planning your next project.

o

This is so cheerful! Nice job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here