Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christi508

So Needy

christi508
14 years ago

I am feeling very anxious about this project. I have a few flowers on, but the white pieces are just lying on for ideas. I like the white tile on the outside of the flowers, but not so much on the inside. Do you think the grout would be too much on the inside without the white? Any suggestions? I live in Florida, if someone can come over and just fix it all..Thank you thank you thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (13)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

LOL - there's not one thing wrong w/that. You'll see how it comes together once they're all in place, and your grout is on. A background color is necessary. Keep doing what your'e doing, and keep them closer together so there's not much grout. Fill any large holes w/a teeny white background tile. Gonna be beautiful, and you're gonna love it. Wish I lived closer.

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

nothing wrong with what you have done, like Slow says just do more background tile. The less grout the better I always say. All my stuff has very thin grout lines..or noneatall...good work.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh I think you've got it. Flag and Slow are right get your stuff closer together. The closer the better is right. It's gonna look fine just keep at it. But quit messin around and put it where it needs to go. If you don't like it you can always chip it off. I've chipped lots in my day. You're doin fine girl

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I like it so far. I have found if you keep going with your plan/design it usually comes together. What I see, I like.

Kat

• christi508
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Again, thank you for all the suggestions. I really like the one about being able to chip off and start over again. I have never been good with comittment! I will persevere.

• klinger
    14 years ago

I think you're no the right path, and agree with the others, smaller grout lines is the way to go. This will look stunning,
    cindy

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Christi, you've gotten lots of great feedback. Don't worry! I sure love those flowers and leaves. You can't go wrong. You're going to love this piece when it's finished.

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Looks like your off to a great start. Listen to the other experienced ladies about the smaller spaces, they all do some beautiful work. I need to get off my chubby little (er, I mean, BIG) butt and get busy myself. LOL

Thanks for sharing.
    Donna in Florida

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Yeah, CHRISTI girl - nail those suckers down and get on w/it. Off to Dallas for the weekend, and hope to see it all glued when I get back on Sunday. LOL.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

You done yet?

• christi508
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's the progress so far..not perfect but I am having fun.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• texaswild
    14 years ago

CHRIS: THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! It's so happy, cheerful, and so well done. Your pieces fit together beautifully, and the white background, when grouted, w/be just perfect. I LOVE these colors. Are these the Pebo porcelain paints. Since I love purple, and can't get purple glass, this is the perfect way to get hot pink and purple for my projects. Isn't this so much fun? Betcha you're hooked already, and are planning your next project.

• wishdish
    14 years ago

This is so cheerful! Nice job!

Sponsored