Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Doin' the Chicken Dance ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

susiewantsroses
14 years ago

I finished my first real mosaic garden piece!!!!!! Thanks to all of you sharing your techniques. Ms Crazy Mosaics sent me enough mosaic tiles to make me cry (I used some of her pieces as the greenery under the roses). Ms Purple Moon sent me some great tezz pieces and some B/W sqs (for another project). I have been saving roses off of old chipped stuff for several months. But when Hubs helped me out in the kitchen he began to chip my toile dishes. So I busted up enough to cover most of the bowling ball. None of ya'll told me how much blood I would loose doing mosaics. LOLOLOLOL My hands look like a MUMMY's hands. I changed my mind several times on where I should start. I finally decided on the bowling ball. Then I realized that a flat surface would have been a safer way to "get my feet wet". There are plenty of mistakes and things I wish I would have done differently. But here it is anyway - "WHERE ANGELS RELAX"

{{gwi:143730}}

{{gwi:143732}}

Comments (14)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, you l'il heifer! I could say a real bad ugly word here. SEE - we told you it was easy. This is the most beautiful BB I've seen in ages. I can't BELIEVE you waited this long to start. This is spectacular. Lordy, child - GEESH - NOW w/you get over the fear and get on w/it? This does NOT look like a first project. Looks as if you've been doing this for YEARS. GEESH - and to think - it took you so long to dive in. There's no stopping you now. I'm gonna go have a margarita on my patio to celebrate w/you. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.!!!!!!!!!!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

That is THE most beautiful bowling ball! Wowwee, girl! I can't believe this is your first piece. What a lovely concept. Great job!

• wackyweeder
    14 years ago

You did an amazing job, that is just lovely! Are ya hooked yet?

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Amazing. Perfect. Etc Etc. I love this bb. The wonder that I find on this site is the new and fresh ideas we see every day. You have given a new and very pretty idea for bbs.

Kat

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

As soon as my hands heal I will start another project. I had bleeding knuckles and punctured paws. I do not have a saw or grinder yet. I've got to pay some dues just starting out. OUCHHH, whine, whine.

I can not imagine being at the place where some of you guys are. Looking at your stuff amazes me. Slow- you just blow my mind. And the rest of you do too.

I am not new to crafting but this was a large step for me. I broke so many plates I feel like I've been to a greek wedding!!!! OOUUPAAAAAA ya'll!

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

Girl that is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Susie, You keep dancin!!! I wish my 1st looked this beautiful!!! Took me several to even want to keep them..You did an amazing job!!! JUST AWESOME!!!! Well you'll be hooked now. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots more of your beautiful work!!! Doesn't it feel great?!! Looking forward to the next beautiful piece of art-U go Chickie!!! I love it, love it loveit!!!!! I did a little dance myself this morning when my bathoom was finished!!!! I call mine the Done Dance!!!!!! Oh ya, Oh ya!!!!

• shrty411
    14 years ago

Wow, that is great!!I love the angel and your roses look beautiful! You did a great job!!

Pretty soon you will think something is wrong if you don't have cuts on your hands !!

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Let's all do the Chicken Dance!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Doin' The Chicken Dance!!!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Love it.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

That dance is now my new "In The Garden Dance!!!"lol! DH will certainly be surprised!!! AND I LOVE the Bowling ball...EXCELLENT job!!! I was even typing to that tune! It kinda catches you!ha!

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Oh Susie girl... you outdone yerself!!!! Lovely!!!

• wishdish
    14 years ago

Very pretty!

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Susie it turned out beautiful! I'm so glad you finally jumped in and did it. Try wearing some leather gloves to save the hands. If you get a pair that fits well it is just like using your bare hands....except that your hands don't get all the cuts and punctures. I wear them whenever I am working glass. My kids each have their own pairs too so they can help in the studio without injuries. Don't stop now! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

~Micki~

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA