Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie mosaic question

Posted by sandywillow (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 16:34

I would love to start making my 1st mosaic garden pot.
What do I do if I have pieces of broken ceramic to use that are not all the same thickness?
Wouldn't this cause the finished pot to be uneven?
Thank you in advanced for any replies....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie mosaic question

Yes, of course, but so what? If you want your project to be perfectly smooth, use something other than dish shards - like stained glass. IMO, the uneven thickness adds to the charm of mosaics. Welcome to the forum. Anxious to see your WIP (work in progress). We love pictures here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here