Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished GOG

Posted by ItsmeChickadee (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 15:24

I finally finished a GOG piece I've been working on. I learned that if you use Weldbond, it takes FOREVER to dry! I think next time I'll try silicone or something else that dries faster - I waited months for the glue to dry on this. I was pretty generous with my glue usage because I didn't want any problems with grout bleed. Anyway, it's finally done and I'm happy with it!
Chickadee

Here is a link that might be useful: Flickr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished GOG

Wow, those both are just beautiful!!! How long did it take you altogether? Did you use pattern pieces to make it or just created it as it went along?

I love it.

o

Hi Murraysmom,
Thanks for liking my stuff (that sounds kinda pathetic!) The GOG piece "After the Harvest" probably took 40-50 hours, I'm really not sure. It was based on a painting I did, so all I did was redraw the basic shapes onto a big sheet of paper and tape it to the back of the glass so I had a guide. I figure out the patterns and flow as I go. I like to try and get some movement and texture with glass placement, if that makes any sense.
Chickadee

o

Very pretty piece, CHICADEE. Beautiful work.

o

Very Nice! Good Job! You are really coming into your own with the artwork! Its nice to see! (Still am droolin' over that hand!!!)

o

Lovely gog. The hand is awesome also.
Kathy

o

Ooh, love the picture. I really like the designs you put in the sky and hills. I would have never thought to do something like that, but it really makes the piece.

o

Beautiful!

o

Beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here