Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting diamonds

Posted by crazymosaics (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 15:14

Hello,
I've been trying to cut diamonds using my Beetle Bits system and I can't get them to come out symmetrical and it's driving me nuts!!! Does anyone on here know how to cut diamonds eiteher using a cutting system or by hand? I'm working on a picture frame and want to use diamonds but I can't figure out how to make them symmetrical, one side is a little higher than the other one.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting diamonds

Bless your heart - I'm too tired to even respond, but share your frustration. When I was in PV w/o a ruler/cutting system/whatever, and wanted some diamond shapes, I cut a strip about 3/4". Then I eyeballed a 45 degree angle to cut the end of the strip off. THEN, I eyeballed the rest - estimated the distance between diamonds as being the size of the strip. Granted they weren't perfect, but it served my purpose at the time. Attaching a picture of the project I was working on - the red diamond shapes. When I got home to my cutting system, I made the mirror diamond shapes to finish the project.
PV project

o

I sent the man that made that a message. I bet he helps you soon.

o

Check out this blog on making diamonds with the BB system.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Mosaic Obsession

o

CAC: That's a great site. Have added it to my favs. Thanks for that one.

o

Thanks Slow. That's my blog. They are free & what else was there to write about except mosaics, LOLOL! Mosaics has a way of taking over.

Anyone has tutorials that would like to contribute to the blog - please, please contribute to the blog. I want it to be a knowledge base for anyone wanting to learn about mosaics.

o
RE: cutting diamonds - and

Well I THOUGHT I recognized the mosaic work, but didn't know if you were in collaboration w/a group or not. It has so many informative articles and links. Really is full of resources.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here