Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
went to NC for the weekend, Laurel Skye's workshop

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 14:26

Ciel Gallery in Charlotte was hosting Laurel Skye and at the last moment I thought to just check if there was room... AND THERE WAS! AND the day before I was going down I received word that my House on the Hill had sold too - hence that paid most of this workshop.

I'm still planning something for the top of this so its a WIP right now

from the Laurel Skye workshop

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: went to NC for the weekend, Laurel Skye's workshop

Wow, I'll bet that was rewarding! That is so cool!

o

some new techniques for sure - color me surprised that I'm OK with being groutless

o

yesterday I glued a little bit of shim to the back of the frame and then I added a half a polystyrene ball, carved it a bit and stuck in wires for the ears, trunk and tusks. then I coated it in Apoxie sculpt to make this

elephant sculpture

During the workshop, Laurel has one selection of items to purchase additionally and sells Indian trim by the inch. I bought some for my frame, I only needed 2 inches but for some reason I bought 2 more. And that is now on the elephant's head.

I'm going to do some paint on it to move it into a browner tone.

o

That is stunning! I must have some of that Apoxie sculpt. I am flabbergasted. I first thought that elephant was a porcelain head you found somewhere.

o

Blown away by both projects, and especially your sculpting talent. WOWOWOWOWOWOWO!!

o

LOL I have to say, I'm pretty proud of my elephant!

I did a bit of paint on him so this is done
elephant mirror

This post was edited by nicethyme on Fri, May 10, 13 at 18:17

o

That is truly one-of-a-kind. Wow. Wow. Wow.

o

Girl you just keep amazing me with the stuff that you come up with!

o

Again - can't believe one little girl can have so many talents. I'd like to see you work w/clay and a kiln. Have you thought about it? Your sculpting ability is something out of this world.

o

I'm in awe!! Love your pictures!

o

Slow, at various times I have taken classes working in clay and inevitable I just end up with a bunch of knickknacks that collect dust

o

Love it!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here