Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ba1je

poppy gog

ba1je
15 years ago

i had posted this on another site but decided to post here also. very small wood window - each pane is 41/2" x 81/2".....barb {{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

absolutely STUNNING!

• silvamae
    15 years ago

That is going to be absolutely gorgeous!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

That's really going to be beautiful. I've never done stained glass. Do you make rough cuts on the glass and then buff them smooth and perfect to fit?

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Pretty, pretty, PRETTY! I can't get over how gorgeous the leaves are! You found the perfect pieces of glass!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Again I'll say how beautiful your Gog are.This will be my favorite I know.How are you cutting out your petals?Do you trace them then cut?

• bianchi2
    15 years ago

I just love this. Your cutting is so perfect too.
    Bianchi

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Wow, I love those colors. I love Poppies too. This is going to be beautiful!!! because it is fabulous already. Can't wait to see it finished.

I agree with everyone, great cutting. and how are you doing those petals??

• ba1je
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the leaves are not very transparent so i have several black and white copies of my pattern that i cut the pieces from to trace around. the flower petals i just lay the glass over the pattern and trace. then i nip the shape with my wheeled cutters and grind smooth. the inside curves take a lot of grinding to get the shape. the stems also as i can't cut the glass that narrow.....barb

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Balje!! LOVE IT!!! You are nipping all that??? WOW! A glass cutter from a stained glass shop and a glass grozier pliers are a good investment. This is really neat, especially the size! Where is it gonna go?

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Another wonderful GOG from a pro. I'm still amazed that you can get so much detail in such a small space. You are a fabulous artist!!!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

You have such a wonderful eye for color and space! I really like the textured clear glass!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Wow, I love those colors. I love Poppies too. This is going to be beautiful!!! because it is fabulous already. Can't wait to see it finished.

I agree with everyone, great cutting. and how are you doing those petals??

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21