Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
poppy gog

Posted by ba1je (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 08 at 14:01

i had posted this on another site but decided to post here also. very small wood window - each pane is 41/2" x 81/2".....barb Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: poppy gog

absolutely STUNNING!

o

That is going to be absolutely gorgeous!

o

That's really going to be beautiful. I've never done stained glass. Do you make rough cuts on the glass and then buff them smooth and perfect to fit?

o

Pretty, pretty, PRETTY! I can't get over how gorgeous the leaves are! You found the perfect pieces of glass!

o
RE: poppy Gog

Again I'll say how beautiful your Gog are.This will be my favorite I know.How are you cutting out your petals?Do you trace them then cut?

o

I just love this. Your cutting is so perfect too.
Bianchi

o

Wow, I love those colors. I love Poppies too. This is going to be beautiful!!! because it is fabulous already. Can't wait to see it finished.

I agree with everyone, great cutting. and how are you doing those petals??

o

the leaves are not very transparent so i have several black and white copies of my pattern that i cut the pieces from to trace around. the flower petals i just lay the glass over the pattern and trace. then i nip the shape with my wheeled cutters and grind smooth. the inside curves take a lot of grinding to get the shape. the stems also as i can't cut the glass that narrow.....barb

o

Balje!! LOVE IT!!! You are nipping all that??? WOW! A glass cutter from a stained glass shop and a glass grozier pliers are a good investment. This is really neat, especially the size! Where is it gonna go?

o

Another wonderful GOG from a pro. I'm still amazed that you can get so much detail in such a small space. You are a fabulous artist!!!

o

You have such a wonderful eye for color and space! I really like the textured clear glass!

o

Wow, I love those colors. I love Poppies too. This is going to be beautiful!!! because it is fabulous already. Can't wait to see it finished.

I agree with everyone, great cutting. and how are you doing those petals??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here