Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where the heck would I store it??

Posted by aka_strawberrygoat (My Page) on
Sat, May 2, 09 at 13:13

I sorta wish I hadn't gone to the "Restore"..recycled building supply warehouse...I was only looking for a few pieces of plain white tiles. I wanted to make a small mural, by using porcelain paint on them, then firing them in the kiln and putting a simple wood frame around it.

but.....along the way, in there, I spotted the shelves of grout...so many bags and bags of it.
a sale going on with supplies..
50#...$3
25#...$2
10#...$1
I bought 4 of the 10# bags but this morning, I was wondering if maybe I should go back and pick up a few more.
but where am I going to stuff them?
in the linen closet?..where one whole shelf has part of my collection of oil lanterns...
there's not a single towel, sheet or any linens in there!

it's tempting, though.....
I wish I was just pumping out the mosaics but that just isn't the case.
and there's the county fairgrounds, that are having a huge, huge sale/rummage/garage/yard...I'm for sure staying away from that!..I'd get myself in trouble there...

it's only 10am...I have some decisions to make. dammmmit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where the heck would I store it??

LOL It sure does take a lot of restraint to pass up a good deal when you find one. I have done it a few times. Sometimes I'm ok with it, others I could kick myself for not buying the good deal. Decisions, decisions, oh my. Can't help you with this one.

o
RE: where the heck would I store it??

I have the space just not so lucky with finding the deals!!!! LOL...I would love to find such deals but their far and few between here....I too love the garage and yard sales...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here