Sun, May 17, 09 at 12:46

Made a birdhouse from scratch-
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coffee can birdhouse

What a clever idea! I think the birdhouse is just really neat. Love the sunflower and the roof is really neat.

o

What an original. Love this. Great job

Kat

o

You did a beautiful job!!!! The birds and art lovers will love it.

o

Well, I'll be!!!!!!!! WACKY - that is just darlin'. LOVE the way you mosaiced it. Is the top copper, and did you solder the together? Need instructions, please. LOVE those Hostas too. BEAUTIFUL job, and oh, such a unique idea.

o

What a geat project. I love it. Great idea to use a coffee can and love the colorful mosaic you put on it.
Cindy

o

Thanks all!
Slow, the top, I used the lid of one of those popcorn tins you get at Christmas time, I cut off the rim, then cut a wedge out of it and soldered it into a cone, soldered that to the coffee can rim. I didnt show the solder as it was UG-LY, but functional. cut the hole with a dremel. I like to play with metal almost as much as glass.

o

What a clever, crafty and cute idea!!!! Love the flower and roof!!!! very nice job...

o

is the roof the coffee can also ? i did a flower pot in mosaic and won first place in the fair .

o

The roof is tin I cut into a circle and soldered into a cone and soldered on. The idea was to make it suitable for outside, but she wont put it there!
Show us some of your stuff, we would love to see!

o

Amen, to WACKY's suggestion, ZINNIA girl, show us some pictures of your mosaics.

o

Very creative, you've done a wonderful job. I like very much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here