Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic Torso

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 10:33

Here's progress as of 5-3-13. I'm happy with it so far. Starting to introduce other colors/patterns into the olive green pottery/sacred crane porcelain mix. I want the back of the bodice to feature yellow flowers/black and white spots/fuchsia roses. I want her skin to be white porcelain with a few roses on it, and my husband hopes I will use a pale cream stained glass instead. Not sure yet what I'll do. I really want pale brown china but I don't have any. I "may" do some of both on mesh and lay it over her to help make that decision.

Here is a link that might be useful: Go here for older views (antler on shoulder)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic Torso

Looking VERY good, SILVA. Way to go. You're fitting the tess so closely together. Gonna be a real unique piece.

o

WOW!! Can't wait to see more!

o

Love your progress so far!

o

WICKED!

o

Progress as of this morning, May 10. I added the subtle shades of green and brown around the neck, from a gorgeous Bavarian porcelain plate and an amethyst pendant from a friend. Now back to breaking more plate -- white with roses. I can see the end now.

o

Another view . . .

o

Love the contrast of the soft white flowers with the fierceness of the chain and the bodice! She is feminine but could kick ass if she had too! LOL

o

Thank you, crafty_lady! You see exactly what I was hoping to convey. Your feedback is priceless!

o

looking regal!

o

Yes yes yes looking great!!!

o

Here's the front.

o

Here's the back. Ready to grout -- woo hoo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here