Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First glass on glass attemp...need advice to finish it...

Posted by ktulip11 (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 08 at 10:25

Hi all,
This is my first glass on glass attempt. The sun in finished except for the grouting. I need some help on how to grout just the sun without the edges looking messy. Also, any suggestions on how to finish the edge of the clear would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass on Glass Sun

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First glass on glass attemp...need advice to finish it...

I haven't done a GOG myself yet, so can't help you with the grout. How about glass gems or something around the edge. Were you just planning on doing the edges or filling in everything?

o

Use masking tape...outline it...then after you are done (and before it completely dries), pull the tape off and smooth the edges with your finger.

o

thanks, sounds perfect, will send pic when done..

o

Beautiful Sun! the masking tape idea sounds like the way to go. Can't wait to see it done!

o

That's very pretty. I haven't done a GOG either but I do know the masking tape is the way to go. I learned the hard way that if you don't the grout will bleed where you don't want it to..

Good luck and post pix whe yo are done. Hopefully some of our experienced glass people will give you ideas on the border.

o

Great first GOG!

o

I like the unusual face on your sun! PJ

o

Such a cheerful looking Mr. Sun! Can't wait to him all finished.

Be Safe, Rach

o

Oh, this is darlin' - huuuuurrrrry - wanna see it finished.

o

that is really beautiful. masking tape should work. i also like when ball chain is used as an edge. either way it will be nice...barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here