Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Agate & rock bathroom trash can

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 5:24

Hi all, Been busy w/summer stuff (garden, wood, grandkids, sick dog, etc,) but have managed to do a few things here and there. Just finsihed gluing my bathroom trash can to match the vanity. I'll grout tomorrow hopefully. Our little dog Gus is not doing good so have to take him 1st thing to the vet. Lordy we've had bad luck w/ dogs so sure hoping he doesn't leave us. Anyway just thought I'd share what I've been up to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Agate & rock bathroom trash can

Whoo Cathy, for a minute thought I was going blind. Uh I'm not am I????????? lol Post the pic please

Kat

o

You TEASE! come back and post the pic!

o

Is that any way to treat your audience? GIRL - get some pictures on this thread!!!!!

o

Soooo sorry!!!!!!!!!! Guess I was tired?!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Trash can

o

pretty and rustic! what do you seal your rocks with?

o

Nice I seal them with Pro-Finish (Home Depot)....It is what my hubby uses on his chainsaw carvings, our deck is sealed with it and all the chainsaw carvers here use it...It is actually a floor finish but it really is durable and holds up well hre in Alaska.....so I'm sure it will work anywhere...I think we have the worst weather of anywhere and it lasts and lasts....

o

I can't find the trash can, but thanks for the info on the sealer you use. Gonna check that out for my patio. I like the shiney look of your work.

o

here ya go Slow, I had to search for it too

Agate & rock trash can side 1 for bathroom

Cathy thanks for the info!

o

Thanks, CATH, for posting it. Don't remember if I'd seen this one. I'm now seeing the different colors in those rocks. Me thinks you've become the rock hound that your friend is. This w/probably make me want a professional rock tumbler. I can see why one w/get very involved in that hobby.

o

I finished yesterday.........It's all grouted, sealed and in the bathroom....My sister came to visit yesterday and she said my vanity and trash can was the most beautiful she had ever seen...And she's rather critical so I take that as a real compliment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished trash can

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here