Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crackpotannie

Headboard Progress

crackpotannie
16 years ago

Nice wanted me to show progress so here it is.I have one half done and the other to start on tomorrow.The glass does not show up near as pretty in picture since most of it is iridized and you can't see that also the pin looks like an antique brooch from the 1940's really sparkly...I am excited because a lady want's to put them in her window in a store downtown with my tables and some other things.I hope someone can't resist them LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Progress

Comments (48)

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just gorgeous!!!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Oh so wonderful. Such professional work. Too beautiful for words.

• hrsg
    16 years ago

Annie that is so elegant and pretty! The plates are so perfectly cut, and placed. Will you be doing both sides?

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Wow - that's lovely.

Even though it's not my "style," I love it!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Wow that is very beautiful!!! WOW!... WOW! It's amazing Annie!

• glasshappy
    16 years ago

Annie, Your work is just gorgeous!! I have questions???? I see you combine glass and dishes, but how do you accomodate for the difference in thicknesses? Maybe I am just too persnickity but I'd like to be able to figure that out for myself. Your work is right up my alley in style but you live too far away for me to see it in person, but oh how I wish I could!! And...how do you cut those dishes so perfectly!! and save the centers and borders both??? Can you tell I'm still just learning!!

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

OMG, that is soo beautiful. Amazing work.
    Bianchi

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone,Glass ,I used to use nippers on the plates but have found much easier and less time to cut them with a wet saw I may lose a few of the edges this way but usually have enough to go around plate centers since the plate gets smaller when you cut the centers.I have just started mixing glass with my china since I met these gal's here who use a lot of glass.I try to put the thinner side of the plate where it butt's up to the glass it has I can run my hand over it and there are no sharp edges.Hrsg...I will not mosaic the back I am thinking of a tiny flower wallpaper on the back to make them look moe finished not sure on that yet but no glass for sureIf I did someone could make a daybed out of them but that's too much glass and china to use for what I can get out of them where I live.Annie

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

OMG! That is just gorgeous! You are so good at coming up with a design for the placement of the china. I Love It!!

• hrsg
    16 years ago

Annie
    Have you tried any local wallpaper stores? If they're getting rid of smaples, or old stock, you can get them free or cheap. Them you could decoupage or even just glue to match the front.

It is lovely! And I will have to now be on the lookout for headboards, and add it to my list of TBM!

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hrsg..thats what I had in mind.........thanks Annie my nehibor gave me these when she moved.....lucky break

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

Crackpot: The headboard is indescribably BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!Can't you see this is a romantic B&B or a little girl's room? WONDERFULLY soft colors...I'm drooling.....

• lyndalu
    16 years ago

Annie - Absolutely amazing.....beautiful plates, beautiful glass....your design is incredible, colors are gorgeous. An amazing piece. I just love it. Beautiful, beautiful work.

• crystal01
    16 years ago

WOW!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Where do you find those plates??!

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Crystal..I've had these stashed in the attic for a few years..I used to buy on e-bay but shipping is too high now,so that's why I'm switching to more glass.Thanks again ladies!!!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Holy dawg snot!! That is just too purdy!!

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

This project is so unbelievably BEAUTIFUL !! I just had to keep looking at all of it over and over. Lucky person to get these from you. WOW!!

Chris

• bevinpa
    16 years ago

OH MY that headboard is fantastic. I love your memorial cross I had seen it before and ordered a form for the cross on ebay I want to make one for my grandsons grave, can you tell me how you sealed the picture. I am doing a birdbath now and it is turning out very nice, I've only been doing mosaics for a few months but I'm addicted lol

• cacbeary
    16 years ago

I know I couldn't resist them. I am drooling. Someone will snatch this up in a minute! I know it is even more gorgeous in person & it's really beautiful in the pic. Great job!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

This is my 4th look at this wip! absolutely stunning I'm in awe of it! BEAUTIFUL

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again,because of all the praise I worked all day on the second one ,I want to keep the work kind of even on them so I can balance out the china...Bevinpa,I learned how to seal the picture from Nice...it is simply glued onto the piece of beveled glass I bought at stained glass store but you could use any kind of glass you want with the GEII glue everyone talks about rub out all the bubbles let that cure a few day's then glue it to the cross..I was going to e-mail you more info but didn't see your address if you want to e-mail me mine is on my page Annie I wouldn't put something made from wood outside tho.Annie

• bevinpa
    16 years ago

Thank you for the information. My email address is bevinpa2@verizon.net, sure love this board I've learned so much from all you great mosaic people. Some day I hope I'm as good. Bevinpa

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Wow Annie! the headboard is just unreal! I LOVE IT!!
    had to look a couple times.

Hazie

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

WOW!!! Soo fantastic! You even brought Rosie out of lurkdom!!! I haven't commented till now but I've been looking at it everyday!!!! Your ideas of unism are very smart, to keep em similar! Sheesh, You are a Mosaicing Maniac!!! Luv it!!!!

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

I love looking at your album. Everything is so beautifully done and professional looking. I love the first bird bath too, what are those balls in the bird bath? I noticed you always attach a little something to your birdbaths. How imagenative, a really great look.
    All your work is so gorgeous, I dont have a favorite, I see something new every time.
    Bianchi

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Wow, I love that headboard. Great job. You do such pretty work.

Maria

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah finally done with these things,new veener on bottoma nad everything!Going to a sale next week and then toa Gallery where she want's to put $950 ea ..I am floored at that price and a little unsure of it but I'll do as she suggest for a while ,I thought I was dreaming at $500 for the pair so we'll see..the gallery won't be built for 6 mo..should be interesting..

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH. CRACK, these are too beautiful for words. How in the world do you nip those plate rims so perfectly? What is the little card on each one - your signature or something or the price? These are truly spectacular, and so inspiring. Wish I had an old headboard to do now. I absolutely LOVE these, and they're worth the asking price for sure. That little table is just darlin' to go between them. WONDERFUL work, CRACK, as all your work IS.

• becky_ia
    16 years ago

Annie, these are fit for two little princesses! Definately worth every penny. Marvelous work!

Becky

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Speechless!!! I can't believe you're not keeping them!
    You did an AMAZING job and I have not seen prettier headboards in my life!

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh thank you,So glad your back Slow..that's my business card with the price on it also....

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

They are stunning, Annie. And cut so perfectly, its amazing, definitely worth the price they told you. WOW, I keep looking at them over and over, so GORGEOUS!
    Oh, and I love that little table too.
    Bianchi

• siriusmosaics
    16 years ago

What amazing work. The headboard should be displayed as a work of art, not used. Your colors and the design are unreal.

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just so you'll know the gems look white but they are the palest off pink ,like the little squares and are iridized. Almost between a pink and a peach but very pale.

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Oh, my - pink gems. I thought they were white and wondered where you found them. There were some white ones at a bead store we went to in PV, but at 3 cents each, I was too stingy to buy them. Had to look again, CRACK. These are so over the top wonderful. Wish I could find that quality of plates here.

• rchovey
    16 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Works of art to be sure.

• foxglove44
    16 years ago

OH WOW! Look what I missed while I was gone. I am so glad this was bumped up!
    Fantastic work! You should be proud of your work!
    I drank my morning coffee and viewed the slide show of your work. WOW WOW WOW!
    Betsy

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

Oh my... they are beautiful, Annie!!! Just amazing! They have such a beautiful flow.. and I love the colors!
    VERY inspiring! Hope you get thousands for them!!!

• hrsg
    16 years ago

Gorgeous! Totally worth all the time and effort.

• lascatx
    16 years ago

Those are incredible. I thinkthe gallery owner should know -- and sometimes it's beter to appeal to those who can spend $1000 -- or even $1800 without thinking any more that these are so special and what a great find than it would be to shoot form a market where $500 seems like so much. Price them higher and they may be seen more as the art they are rather tnan a craft project. Hope you'll let us know how they are received at the show and later at the gallery. Hope there's a fight over them......TeeHee

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

What can a person say about absolute perfection?!!!! I have dropped to my knees in humble admiration!!!

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

Holy Moley!! They turned out soooo awesome! I just can't describe how beautiful they are!!!

• cait1
    16 years ago

All the adjectives have been used!!! You must be so proud of the fantastic work you've done and I bow to your creative genius!! I LOVE antique plates and the colors you put together.... truly awesome!

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again ladies,to be honest I was really glad when all those 1/2 sq's were all glued on.I don't live where I they will sell easy,I have half to take them up around San Antonio.

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Or Austin, CRACK. It's quite the artsy city.

• flagtruck
    16 years ago

WOW! Not exactly my cup of tea, but a beautiful job and I assure you they will appeal to the majority of people that collect. Decorators would love them. They are so well done, perfect! I am proud of you and I am sure you will be able to get the right audience for these to bring you big bucks. Don't let them go too cheap. Another forum I am on a gal had a piece,(picture) she had done and had it in a gallery for $500, took it out and entered a juried show, priced it at $1800 and it sold very quickly, so you never know when the right person will come along.
    Good luck

• lascatx
    16 years ago

Or take them into the higher $$ areas in Houston -- River Oaks, Memorial -- I was thinking of a kid's shop up here where I'm sure a mom who couldn't spend enough to prove what a wonderful daughter she has would snap them up -- the higher priced they were, they faster they might go in that situation. LOL

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

That is SOOOO pretty. Very shabby chic.

Sponsored