Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Door Prize

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 08 at 0:41

had some problems with an injury lately, it led to my being at my Dr's office quite alot and during one visit he handed me a pharm promo clock and said it was a door prize.

yesterday I finally had a minor surgery to resolve my problem once and for all. Now I'm getting that clock ready to go back to the Dr...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Door Prize

WOW!!! That has meaning in sooo many ways! Love it! I hope your surgery helps and heals fast! (Wouldn't want that yard of yours to turn into mine..the garden of weedin'!ha!)

o

Very nice! I like the swordfish :)

"Garden of Weedin'" !!! Can I use this?? :)

o

Beautiful piece and I live the saying.

o

garden of weed'n? I LOVE THAT!

o

Its done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Well, it's wonderful and a gift for the doctor? It's a motto we all should have in front of us every day. Nicely done.

o

What a thoughtful thing to do for your doc!
He/she will be surprised!!!
Love it!

o

Does this mean you get no bill???Honestly Nice it's soooooo cool.Curious what is the round thingy?

o

Too funny Crackpot, I looked at it and thought, "It's a reeses peanut butter cup!mmmm, chooocccooolate..." (That time of the month!lol! Then I saw that it is a glass bottle bottom!

o

Wow, beautiful. How did you make the lettered pieces, they look like they are antique bronze. What a creative project. that's one huge clock. Ok the clock said 3:11 when you started and 3:37 when you finished, boy was that fast. Ha!

o

Oh, how cool is THAT! Your work in clay is so neat. I love the saying, so true! CALAM - HOW do you come up w/those clever remarks? Thanks for clarifying what the round thingy is. Of COURSE - looks sorta like a shell in first pic, so I assumed you used a shell for a clay mold - then second picture - NOT. My question is what are the checkerboard designs - clay tiles?? Very thoughtful gift. Hope your troubles evaporate. You sure do give lots of things away. Do you ever make anything for yourself?

o

LOL Jane, I swear great minds - Chickeemama said reeses cup too!

so yep on the left is the bottom of a bottle that was tumbled for 5 days so its like beach glass. On the right side at the end of indiscriminate is a nautilus type shell that seems to have been sliced and polished (it was from a necklace I think)

ah Slow, the checkers were just a quick paint job. At the end I painted the edges black and thought I could stop there but LOL

Spring, LOL I thought that too about the times being so close!

I ended up having to do a remake on a tile that was misspelled (did ya catch that?) and it so happens that I took pics so that I can explain how you can get that same effect. I'll do another thread on it.

Thanks for all the comments!

o

I did notice the word but it was late at night and I wasn't sure if it was spelled correctly or not - Ha.

Clay tiles, what a good idea. I work in ceramics - uh oh - DH is going to kill me if I think up any more projects. Can't wait to see your next post.

Great work !

o

I have the very same clock! Different drug name on it. Now I'm getting some ideas!

Even though I knew it was the bottom of a beer bottle, in the last shot I thought it looked like a Reeses PB cup too!

Springvillegardens: I believe she used polymer clay, but no reason you can't make them out of ceramic.

o

Thats so beautiful!

o

Ahh NT.. This really came out so "NICE" !! You have such great style. I love your PC creations!
Did you give this to the Doc yet?? You did snap his photo/expression to share with us , right???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here