Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

Door Prize

nicethyme
15 years ago

had some problems with an injury lately, it led to my being at my Dr's office quite alot and during one visit he handed me a pharm promo clock and said it was a door prize.

yesterday I finally had a minor surgery to resolve my problem once and for all. Now I'm getting that clock ready to go back to the Dr...

Comments (16)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!!! That has meaning in sooo many ways! Love it! I hope your surgery helps and heals fast! (Wouldn't want that yard of yours to turn into mine..the garden of weedin'!ha!)

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

Very nice! I like the swordfish :)

"Garden of Weedin'" !!! Can I use this?? :)

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Beautiful piece and I live the saying.

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

garden of weed'n? I LOVE THAT!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Its done.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Well, it's wonderful and a gift for the doctor? It's a motto we all should have in front of us every day. Nicely done.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

What a thoughtful thing to do for your doc!
    He/she will be surprised!!!
    Love it!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Does this mean you get no bill???Honestly Nice it's soooooo cool.Curious what is the round thingy?

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Too funny Crackpot, I looked at it and thought, "It's a reeses peanut butter cup!mmmm, chooocccooolate..." (That time of the month!lol! Then I saw that it is a glass bottle bottom!

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

Wow, beautiful. How did you make the lettered pieces, they look like they are antique bronze. What a creative project. that's one huge clock. Ok the clock said 3:11 when you started and 3:37 when you finished, boy was that fast. Ha!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, how cool is THAT! Your work in clay is so neat. I love the saying, so true! CALAM - HOW do you come up w/those clever remarks? Thanks for clarifying what the round thingy is. Of COURSE - looks sorta like a shell in first pic, so I assumed you used a shell for a clay mold - then second picture - NOT. My question is what are the checkerboard designs - clay tiles?? Very thoughtful gift. Hope your troubles evaporate. You sure do give lots of things away. Do you ever make anything for yourself?

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Jane, I swear great minds - Chickeemama said reeses cup too!

so yep on the left is the bottom of a bottle that was tumbled for 5 days so its like beach glass. On the right side at the end of indiscriminate is a nautilus type shell that seems to have been sliced and polished (it was from a necklace I think)

ah Slow, the checkers were just a quick paint job. At the end I painted the edges black and thought I could stop there but LOL

Spring, LOL I thought that too about the times being so close!

I ended up having to do a remake on a tile that was misspelled (did ya catch that?) and it so happens that I took pics so that I can explain how you can get that same effect. I'll do another thread on it.

Thanks for all the comments!

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

I did notice the word but it was late at night and I wasn't sure if it was spelled correctly or not - Ha.

Clay tiles, what a good idea. I work in ceramics - uh oh - DH is going to kill me if I think up any more projects. Can't wait to see your next post.

Great work !

• gin_gin
    15 years ago

I have the very same clock! Different drug name on it. Now I'm getting some ideas!

Even though I knew it was the bottom of a beer bottle, in the last shot I thought it looked like a Reeses PB cup too!

Springvillegardens: I believe she used polymer clay, but no reason you can't make them out of ceramic.

• shellybelly26
    15 years ago

Thats so beautiful!

• meadel
    15 years ago

Ahh NT.. This really came out so "NICE" !! You have such great style. I love your PC creations!
    Did you give this to the Doc yet?? You did snap his photo/expression to share with us , right???