Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie Has Some Info.

Posted by susiewantsroses (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 12, 09 at 23:03

I am new to learning the Mosaic Arts. My Son went to an art show at the Dallas TX Arboretum. Barbara Dybala had her mosaic lines on display. For all I know she is already on this forum. I searched her web site and she has some lovely pieces. My son said her large Orb's can cost up to $6,000. (???????) Anyway that put a lot of fuel to my desire to learn the art. susie

barbaradybala.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie Has Some Info.

Absolutely beautiful. Love the fairy tree. Took a while to look at every detail. Thanks for posting.

Kat

o

Very interesting. Her designs are simple, and she has helpers. What a wonderful life!!! Thanks for posting the site, SUSIE. Yep - one of these days, I'm gonna build an orb.

o

Yeah Slow the only helpers I have are the 2 grandkids, who as we all know can be way more help then anyone needs!!! Gotta love em though!!! Yeah I gotta get me a BB...someday!!!
Susie I think the Fairy Tree is just too cute...the Orb's are nice but no way I'd pay $6,000.00 for one!!! I gotta say I think the one Daisy just posted is way pettier!!!

o

Great site Susie. Thank you for sharing it. I love it all. Especially the mural on the wall and the orbs...I found the directions on how to make the concrete spheres and just yesterday I bought the beachball to use as a mold to build on...now I might have to mosaic them too. Going to have to get busy or the projects are going to build beyond control.

o

If my neighbors woke up and saw my yard full of orbs they would go to their clean/almost empty garages and get their pitchforks (My garage is always full to overflowing). I love the Orbs too!!!! I have to say that I have never driven by a home who had a huge orb. They are gorgeous. Oh but we cant have just one. Nope. Decorate in 3's, all different sizes. Then try to weed-eat around them. lol

Micki, What are the basic steps? It would be a neat community project depending on how well it would hold up to public punishment.

o

Susie, Here is the link to the site that I found the instructions on how to make the spheres. It seems to have all the info you should need to make the orbs.

~Micki~

Here is a link that might be useful: concrete spheres

o

Oh, oh. Another "can't resist" project on my list! Thanks for all this, you two.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here