Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crazed Toucan Tropical Lamp

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 2, 09 at 22:14

I just finished my tropical lamp this week. the top is covered with recycled glow in the dark blue glass. Various vitreous glass make up the flowers and parrot and toucan. Background tile is cinca ceramic.

note to myself. SEAL that ceramic unglazed tile BEFORE you grout! Don't ask me why I know- but it took a long time to clean up..LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Crazed Toucan lamp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crazed Toucan Tropical Lamp

Cool lamp! you did a good job

o

I love this! What kind of lampshade will go on it? Nice work.

o

Oh, how BEAUTIFUL. Have been missing you. Glad you posted here again. WONDERFUL lamp, and yes, I'm curious to know what kind of shade w/accompany.

o

Hmm. good question Slow and Ans. I had planned , or unplanned, to just use the regular lampshade that came with it. a boring off white color.. Now you got me thinking of possibilities. I just finished two lampshades in our guest bedroom with seashells and a multicolor ribbon I got at Joanns.

Hmm what to do??? Glad to see all of your up to date stuff Slow, i won't be gone this long next time

o

OMG is it so beautiful!! Please show us when U decide on the shade...lovin it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here