Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bettycbowen

betty's backsplash question

bettycbowen
14 years ago

I'm still working on my backsplash - had a million other things to do in the meantime. I'm trying to finish up around the kitchen window. I'm using an indirect method for this part. Some parts of this method are perfect for me - most, actually, but it needs some fine tuning. I have tried different kinds of paper for the transfer, but am tired of how much time it takes to get all the paper bits scraped off once it is up. I am thinking about using contact paper instead. Is that something other people use? I think it would save me so much time and mess. no waiting for glue to dry.

Are youall laughing at me for not having used contact paper all along?? I hear sniggers out there somewhere ;)...

AND, I have discovered I reeeeeeaallllyyyy do not like seeing the thinset between the tiles AT ALL. I am tinting it, but still. I end up spending hours scraping the most visible thinset smooshiness out with a pick, like I'm being a dental assitant.

SO I am thinking about doing the rest of this section by painting the wall (all primed greenboard) in my colors, and using a dot of silicone on the back of each tile once it is stuck to contact paper and flipped over.

Any thoughts??

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz