Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My latest project

Posted by addiesue (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 18:55

Hello...It's been awhile since I've visited this forum and every time I come back I ask myself why I haven't made time to revisit it more often....you guys AMAZE and INSPIRE me! I have never found a forum yet that has as many talented people as this one.

This is my latest glass on glass window. It's called The Tea Party and it measures 32" x 23". It didn't come out quite as I had envisioned...the dolls are just scary as heck and I have several spots that the grout bled behind the glass, but nothing I can do about it now...glad it's done and ready to move on to something else...lol. This was one of those projects I thought I might never get done....broke the base glass twice and had to start over.

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: The Tea Party

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My latest project

I had commented on flickr-I think its amazing and I dont think the dolls are scary at all, its a wonderful piece. grout bleed happens, thts part of creating things by hand and I dont think it detracts one bit from this piece. You see all the flaws, I think its absolutely wonderful and I wish I could do as well!

o

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! And I agree, I didn't find the dolls scary in the least. I was too busy being enamored by the beautiful trees in the background, and the girl in her hat. This is really a gorgeous piece!! I do hope you stay and keep visiting. Though I confess, I do the same thing. Life starts getting in the way of my art and I forget that even though I'm not creating things, all the wonderful artists here still are! LOL

o

Very pretty!!!

o

You are our GOG Queen! Glad you keep getting back here cuz YOU are Inspiring and Amazing too!!! I love all your children themes, this one is right up there with your Angel Watching over the Children one!!!

o

Its beautiful. I particularly love how the flowers and vines seem to have movement. I don't think the dolls are scary either.
Kathy

o

Absolutely amazing. Talk about talent - oh my!!! CALAM is right - Queen, princess, Ladies in Waiting, ALL of them. I see your signature cuts and love this whole piece. The frame is outstanding - absolutely wonderful for this piece. Wish I had a thimble full of your talent. Don't stay away so long.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here