Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
school benches-guess how much?!!!

Posted by becky_ia (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 18:43

Well, the Fun-Night Dinner Auction was held last Saturday evening while I was in San Diego at the SAMA Conference. My daughter was suppose to call me on Sunday to let me know how the evening went, but she just couldn't wait-she was so excited; said it was complete bedlam there-the bidding went wild.

I thought I misunderstood when she said the sun & moon & stars bench went for $900 and the handprint one for $1,850! (parents bidding against each other and it just went higher & higher)! I was totally amazed as I NEVER dreamed that kind of money!

Plus I also had another piece in the auction...a platter done in gold that was a celtic cross...Guess what that brought?! $675.00!

It was all worth it!

becky_ia

Handprint Bench
Sun Moon Stars Bench

Gold Cross Platter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: school benches-guess how much?!!!

You deserve the praise. This was a wonderful project and all turned out beautiful. Congrats. I know if it was me I would be on cloud nine.

Kathy

o

Becky, you must be so very proud! These are just amazing pieces.
You done good!!!

o

Holey Moley!!! Good for you, that is soooo awesome!! Beautiful job on everything!!

o

Jaw dropped about 2 ft. That is awesome - congrats!

o

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud for you !They where great !!!

o

Becky, that is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!! U must be so proud....They are great pieces all of them and I'm sure they will be enjoyed by many for years to come!!!!

o

Oh how wonderful for all concerned. Take a very deep bow - you did a beautiful job on all projects, and I know you're bustin' your buttons w/pride. Well done, girlie. There's more in store for you now, you can be sure. They'll be calling on you again.

o

CONGRATULATIONS. The school loves you!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here