Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fairy Castle Update

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 18:26

Made, mosaiced and now planted the garden to the castle. Guess I could have planned this project better to have included a stream made of mirror tiles on each side of the drawbridge, but I grow weary of long projects - no attention span anymore. It's now finished.
Castle Update

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fairy Castle Update

That turned out so dang cute !!!!! Love it!!!

o

I like the parapit? painted like that, with the gems too! And that base is GREAT! Love the plantings, they look like they will trail down! Where is the girl/angel/faerey statue?Looking forward to seeing this in person!

o

Its wonderous! Love how its set up on a pinnacle. The colors around the door and windows are just perfect. I too wondered where the fairy is.
Great job. I have to laugh because all projects seem to be long ones for me.
Kathy

o

Oh that turned out so adorable! Is it going to stay on the pedestal as a planter like that? What a cute idea! I like how you turned it into a planter. I hadn't expected that as part of the finished piece but it's perfect!

o

Hey, thanks, y'all. Yeah - I forgot the fairy. Yesterday was such a danged crazy, busy day - yard man and all the things I had him do extra. This is the final home of the castle. It's such a pleasure to drive around the corner and view this first thing as I wait for the garage door to open.

o

Wow, what a unique piece of art. I didn't realize you would plant in it; I love that idea! Charming.

o

Thanks, SILVA. This was one of those crazy ideas that developed sorta suddenly, when the owner of the nursery where I have sold some pieces suggested I make some fairy houses that everyone was talking about. At first I said flat out NO. Then I toyed w/the idea, and thought it'd be fun. Well, of course, like everything I do - it turned out larger than planned, and I had such fun working it and liked it so much that I decided to keep it for myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here