Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latest GOG Project Finished - Holy Babe in Arms

Posted by addiesue (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 18:15

Hello...just finished this one and wanted to share it. It measures 14.5"x12.5".

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Holy Babe in Arms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest GOG Project Finished - Holy Babe in Arms

OMG !I love it!!

o

WOW!!!!!!! That is awesome.

o

Oh nice, I had to study it for a minute to see what's there...very pretty!!!

o

It's absolutely a beautiful work of art and I, like EMT, have studied it. ADDIE, could you help me on this one. The babe - I THINK I see it between Angel wings?? Couldja sorta give me a hint and explain your interpretation. 'scuze my blindness.

o

Hi! The colors aren't true in the picture...The purple is the blanket around the baby and the angel is looking at the face of the babe. Only the head of the babe can be seen. The ends of the robe that hang off of the angel's arms is really a lavender color and the angel's wings are kind of an irridescent Mother of Pearl but my camera washes the robe and wings out. I've tried lots of different settings, with and without the flash and I can't take a pic that shows the true colors but I'm going to keep trying.

Addiesue

o
A better picture

Here's a better pic but it still isn't true to the colors. The flesh of the angel and babe appear to be the same color as the angel's gown but they are visibly different in person. You can kind of see the lavender color of the Angel's robe but the Mother of Pearl color of the wings is still washed out.

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Holy Babe in Arms

o

I GOT it. WOW - Now I see it. ADDIE - you are something else - what an artist!

o

VERY NICE!!! You really nailed the angel stuff!!! This is another great one!

o

Lovely. I like how you evoked the feathers.
Kathy

o

Thank you! I'm glad you all were able to see it. I'm still working on a better pic...I'm so frustrated with this silly camera (or maybe it's me...I admit to be technically challenged!...lol.)

Addiesue

o

ADDIE: It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! I've hard to take good pictures of purples and blues...they never llok their true color....I love it!!! Great job

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here