Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
addiesue_gw

Latest GOG Window - The Guardian

addiesue
14 years ago

Hello...it's been a while since I've last posted and wanted to share my latest window. It is approx. 36"x24". I made the frame out of wood and painted it black with an antiqued gold wash. I remember this picture as a child and have always liked it so I thought I'd try to create my own version in glass.

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Latest GOG Window

Comments (9)

• vee78910
    14 years ago

Addiesue, that is one fantastic window! It really speaks to me as it did you. I wish I was so talented. Keep up the great work. I'd love to see more of yours.

Cheers, Vee

• addiesue
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Vee! Here's a link to my Flickr slide show which has all of my stained glass work. Thanks again!

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Slide Show

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Great window Addiesue!! And, I'm really impressed too with your frame.. it's beautiful.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Good Job! One of my fav pics too!!!!Luv your slide show, I didn't see the tree on the wall? Maybe I missed it...

• calinromania
    14 years ago

wow. love it. all i can say :)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

ADDIE: I absolutely love your style of GOG. I've told you this b/f, but want to repeat. The shapes of your tess, and your placement are what make your work stand out as a style that makes me happy and smile. Tell me - do you nip your glass randomly or do you strive for certain shapes for certain areas. For example - on the peacock - the white that surrounds the blue on the tail feathers, your wings on birds, angels and the flower petals, leaves etc., and on the pantry door - I could go on here - the sides - the way you outline the door frame - looks almost like cables. The way you place your glass makes such a difference and creates movement. Gorgeous work.

• addiesue
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone!

CalamityÂthe tree is on my Flickr page but not in the slide show since itÂs not stained glass. But I think you can get out of the slide show and to my page.

SlowmedownÂ.You warm my heart! Thank you! I really donÂt have any method to my madness. When I start to cut I do have a direction or pattern that I just naturally start to cut. I start on the edge of the glass cutting upwards in a wavy pattern. I start crisscrossing the pattern with the second score/cut. Sometimes I think thatÂs the only pattern IÂm capable of free-handing without physically drawing lines on my glassÂlol. IÂm left handed so everything tends to go in that direction I thinkÂ.lol. You know that saying, "Going around the world making a left hand turn", thatÂs me! IÂm not sure what you meant about the outline of the peacock doorÂmaybe the trim? There is wood trim around the door which started out as plain trim. I cut a zig-zag pattern on the outer edge using a band saw and then formed and pressed leaves over each point using wood puttyÂthen I stained it once the putty had cured. I don know if any of this makes sense but hopefully it does. Thanks again!

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Cut Pattern

• texaswild
    14 years ago

No - it wasn't the wood trim. It is the shape of the glass next to your wood frame. They are placed so beautifully. Sorta like a leaf shape. Your placement of the pieces creates almost a cable. So as I understand - you cut a strip then start nipping it criss crossing - randomly. Absolutely love those shapes and how you place each one.

• fldirt
    14 years ago

Very nice work on the GOG *& what a beautiful frame. I am always amazed at what you girls can do!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor