Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic bowling ball fountain

Posted by fldirt (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 15, 10 at 17:38

OK, here is my first mosaic bowling ball which i have made into a fountain. I took a workshop at my local stained glass shop. The instructor, Dolly, is wonderful! I used blue as the back ground & iridescent red for the large dragonfly & iridescent white for the small ones. I also added a green frog & some stones which are kind of hard to see. These were my special touches! the black thing at the top is where the water will come out. I still have to seal it then can add the pump & water.

Here is a link that might be useful: webshots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic bowling ball fountain

Don't think that link works. Will try agin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

o

*gorgeous*, fldirt. Really wonderful, careful, job.

I can't really wrap my head around the pump/fountain bit, like how it all comes together and becomes a fountain. I wonder about it only because I have an old bowling ball and some leftover stained glass lying around, and I was just thinkin' . . .if it's not too hard. . .

Would love to see a pic after it's all done. So excited for you.

o

Thanks. You drill a hole all the way through the ball at one of the finger holes. Add PVC pipe, silicone around both the top & bottom. Add a top piece that you have drilled holes in so the water can come out. Add a PVC collar that is tall & wide enough to hold up the ball & house the water pump. Will try & add pictures when I am putting it together. Oh, you also have to add tissue to the other finger holes & silicone over them.

o

This is Perfect!!! EXCELLENT JOB!!! Love the colors!! I have a cement ball that is made for such as this and I have yet to get to that project!lol! So this is Very inspiring!!! OH and I LOVE the frog...he is too adorable!!!ha!

o

That's very nice. Love it!

o

BEAUTIFUL.

o

You did a fantastic job on your first ball...looks pro!!!And, I love that it's a fountain!!!

o

That is so cool that it is a fountain....do you live in Melbourne?

o

Christi508,
Yes I do live in Melbourne.

o

Well, hi, neighbor! I recognized the name Dolly...I haven't taken a class from her yet, but I have bought supplies from her.

o

Christi508, Dolly is a great teacher so if you get the chance take a class from her. Between this forum & all the great tips I get here & Dolly, I am having a great time with glass. Still learning!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here