Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Purplelion Pig' Whip

Posted by crackpotannie (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 16:13

Here's a chubby Purple Pig I'm doing while I wait to get back to my head ,it looks blue but really irid.purple and very sparkly.I bought 5 of these fat pigs in Mexico for 17.00ea,the next one is going to be a Texas Pig...then a calypso one in bright colors.I am attaching tails on them from beads since they had no tails...poor piggy poor piggy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Purplelion Pig' Whip

Ha!! LOVE the tail. He'll be very cute.
Sooo, why are you stalling on the head?

o

HOW Cute!!! It's Phantom of the Opera piggy! LOL! PJ

o

Boy what was I doing???I meant Purplelious Pig Wip,wish you could make corrections on this site.I'm putting my head off because I had a move for my son and all,and now a trip to Puerto Vallerta.Just wasn't into it yet.

o

He's a cutie alright.

o

Great pig, Annie! love your swirllies and that tail is CUTE!!!!

o

''while I'm waiting to get back to my head?''

We all know what you mean but I can only imagine what a brand new newbie would wonder . . . hahaha, OMG, us mosaicers are a breed apart.

o

Did you bring all 5 piggies home in your suitcase?! They look fat and heavy and oh sooooo cute! Love your ideas for them, anything blue and swirly makes me happy.

o

He is wonderful!!! I was at my Garden Show this last weekend and thought, I'd like to do some more pigs!!!
LOVE the tails you are making, VERY CUTE!!!

o

Oh,I live on the border,we drive across all the time...Not sure about grout on this one ??I'm thinking a lavender purple,just a little lighter than the irid glass or maybe a dark purple?

o

Hey, Purplelion Pig Whip could be a name for a fancy desert! She's awfully cute...I think she needs a blingy tiara, LOL!

o

Oh, CRACK - how cute is THAT? Love the beads for the tail and love the color combo - very creative - I wouldn't have thought of the beaded tail. FIVE - hmmmm - I feel a sale item in the making - you going to an event w/these? FIVE???? Or do you have places in the gardens for them - gifts??? F.I.V.E.

o

I love the combination of colors you're using. That would be so cute to see five pigs all colorful sitting together.

o

Hopefully a sale someday LOL!!!Couldn't pass up the price and thought pigs might be good sellers.

o

Oh, I want her so bad! She's wonderful! Oh, the colors! The Tail! She's PERFECT! How fun! I love the idea of putting a group of them together. I'm also interested to see how you manage the ears. I can hardly wait to see when she's done. She will be wonderful! More pictures, please!

o

I'm packing for mexico so this probably won't be done for a couple of weeks.I made a couple for my daughter out of china and the ears turned out good,hope I can do them out of glass o.k.These were so heavy they cost 60.00 ea to ship.

o

OMG!! Those china pigs are AWESOME!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those!!!

o

Oh, I remember these, CRACK. You have a thing about pigs as I do nichos. I'll bet you come home from PV w/inspiration to "go native". Oh, I forgot - you live right there near, and already KNOW about the wonderful Mexican art.

o

Whooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Those are cute piggies. I love their curly bead tails.

o

Anybody know how to change the post title without starting a new one?

o

Oh, your pigs are so great! I love them all, but am in love with the new one you're working on. I looked at pigs at our flea market, but didn't find anything as wonderful as those. You must have a ball seeing the personalities they develop as they're coming together. Yikes! It takes that much to mail them?

o
Crack you mean like this?

Or the whole thread???
Those pigs are just so darn cute and really neat looking at the same time. PJ

o
Purplelious Pig WIP

I meant the whole thread since I meant to call it Purplelious Pig......should watch what I'm doing.Don't want to lose this thread tho so I'll just leave my mistake.LOL

o

WOW!! Love the Purple Pig!! And those china ones... double WOW!! Love how you put the chicky on one of them. That is just too cute.

o
RE: 'Purpleious Pig Wip

Here's an update,she's much bigger and fatter than she looks,2 full sheets of glass on her so far and still not done.Need help with grout color?????I was going to use a pale lavender like the snout and inside of ears but don't it to turn ou to childlike,but would charcoal be too dark with all the irid purple????Need suggestions,thanks

o

This is darling!
Love the irid glass... and the aqua swirls! So cute! I'm not that experienced... but I like your idea of charcoal grout... seems like it will draw everything together.

o

OH YES!!! Charcoal grout!!! Please grout soon!!!lol! What Eye Candy!

o

Sou--eeee! What a cute family of pigs. I love the little chick on the one pig. Very wonderful work.

o

BEAUTIFUL, CRACK - oh, the grout dilemma - doncha hate it? You'll figure it out.

o
RE: 'Purplelion Pig' Whip1,2,3

Here's some more pig's in waiting,purple now has striped leg's and is awaiting purple grout.The other's are a Texas flag pig in red,white and blue with a star and red bead tail,the other is starting out with red hearts on it's rear and it will have black and white checks in the middle and 2 other sections being played out as I go,still got 2 more not shown ...

o

Annie,

Please tell how you do all those curlys??? They are so cool and when I tried myself they never turn out like yours.

Do you draw the lines and then mosaic?? And if you draw the lines, how the heck can you make them so perfect???

Thanks, I love all those piggies and would love to see them all together. Hope you have fun in Mexico

o

Veeeerrry cute pigs!

o

Wow! Those are just wonderful!
I haven't been to Mexico in years, I may need to make a trip.
I'm kinda cheesy, so the color pink popped into my mind for gout.
Have a wonderful trip!

o

Mermaid i just take a piece of chalk and start switling,nothing in mind when I start..worked on the other one all weekend,it's now checkered black and white also,waoitn on glass for the rest and purple grout for the other one,in between babysitting teenagers all week!

o

THNKS Annie, I just love all of those pigs. Can't wait to see the one you are working on. I was reading about swirls and they were saying you had to make sure your curlycues were perfectly spaced for it to turn out right, and you have done that, your's look great. I was thinking of getting out my old compass or tracing because my brain does NOT computer "perfectly spaced" LOL

o

Oh, Ann! You've started another couple of your adorable pigs! I love the hearts on the one's rear. Each one of your pieces is so unique and special. What an artist you are. Keep posting those pics. I sure love them.

o

BEAUTIFUL, CRACK. Your work is sooooooo persnickety and perfect. Especially love the striped feet on purple swirly. Anxious to see you start on your Riana planter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here