Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peacock - pt..2

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 2, 12 at 15:51

Here's part 2 . It looks dull , the pictures just don't show how the rhinestones or mirror glass sparkles.
:(

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peacock - pt..2

OMG!! That looks like it is from the Taj Mahal!!!

o

AWESOME!!!!! The colors are soooo pretty. The black really makes it stand out. HMMMMMM I have a huge bag of jewelry that I was about to put in a garage sale......maybe I better decide to keep that bag. What are you using to attach the pieces?

Thanks for sharing your project.

o

Thank you ! Old jewelry would be great in it ! I'm using old Rhinestones & buttons .
As for glue, I'm using a combo of Weldbond & E-6000 . I sprayed all the mirror backs with "Mirror Edge Sealant" otherwise the E-6000 will eat away the backing. Some of the smaller things just needed a dab of Weldbond.

o

Simply stunning. Wow!

o

Never heard of Mirror edge sealant...thanks for that info. I have put e6000 behind bling before and it ate the backing away and I was clueless as what to do.

o

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - that's BEAUTIFUL. Love the pearls and every piece you're putting on there. This is gonna be a gorgeous piece. You keeping it or selling it?

o

It's beautiful!!! I have been painting the inside of my house and am really missing my projects....but my house sure looks all SHINY new!!! Trying to get things done so I can enjoy the summer when all this snow melts...missed last summer bcu of my accident and am determined NOT to miss any of this one when it finaly gets here!!

o

Any more pics yet?!!! I'm gleaming all kinds of ideas from this!!!

o

Lookin' good, Kathy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here