Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pique Assiette

Posted by creativesoul (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 12 at 15:08

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and am so excited that I stumbled on this forum! What a close-knit and talented group you are!

I plan on pursuing pique assiette mosaics and while I haven't attempted anything yet (its been mostly research up to this point), I look forward to learning a lot and sharing my creative energy with you all!!

Any advise and/or words of wisdom you can give me moving forward on this journey would be encouraging and greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pique Assiette

Welcome creativesoul! At the bottom of the forum page there is a search bar that you can enter words into and it will search the forum for those topics.

o

Welcome, indeed. You have chosen a wonderful addiction. Get started!!! Don't be afraid, follow your instincts, be brave, dive in w/abandon.

o

Below is a link to some really good directions on how to nip plates. Note that, after you click on the link and the page comes up, there are two links at the upper left that take you to some good photos and instructions. I always recommend Lepponit wheeled nippers for both plates and stained glass. I label them and keep them separate because the plates dull the wheels a lot faster than the glass. Remember to hold your nippers back near the ends of the handles; this will reduce stress on your wrist.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nipping directions from Happycraftn

o

Great advice silvamae!!!

o
Thank You Newfound Friends

for the warm welcome and words of encouragement! A special thanks to silvamae for the nipper recommendations.

A creative and wonderful week to you all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here