Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range Hood WIP

Posted by christi508 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 19, 09 at 14:47

I painted with Folk Art Enamels on 20 cent white tiles from Home Depot, then cut shapes. I am thinking of covering the whole ugly thing with flowers (I hope they look like flowers) and then interspersing with a black and white patterned china I have...or maybe not. This is preliminary, they are only sticking because of the grease. Thanks for looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range Hood WIP

I think its very cheery looking and colorful! It seems to match your kitchen perfectly. Sounds like a good plan.
Id probly clean the grease first, LOL too funny.

o

I'm loving this already and you've just begun. I think it is going to accent you kitchen very well.

Kat

o

Geesh - that's very creative, and w/SOOOOOOOOOOOO match the decor in your cheery kitchen. Great idea. Did you cut those shapes out w/nippers or a saw? Was that bake-on enamels for porcelain/glass?

o

I used nippers and the bake on enamel from Folk Art. It is real easy to use and seems to work well. There are other brands that are more expensive but.....I am off work today so I am going to try to get some more finished.

o

I like this a lot, Christi! REally a lot!

One suggestion...being married to someone anal about symmetry...I'd move that big beautiful yellow flower more to the center, then make another red one of similar size to the red one you have, to put to the left of the yellow one, then fill out the sides with the cute small ones. That way it doesn't look to "heavy" to one side. That is if you still have enough grease on there to reposition things! LOL

Looks great though!

o

I am so inspired! I have the uglies non working venthood on the planet.
Great job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here