Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ba1je

window gog

ba1je
17 years ago

just finished my window - picked up this old wood framed window at habitat for humanity thrift shop - mosaiced with stained glass and glass marbles....barb

Comments (19)

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

Pretty balje! Those fall colors fit right in my color scheme!
    Makes me want to do one so bad!
    I'be been hunting old windows to play with forever. Our Habitat only takes newer ones.

Hazie

• shrty411
    17 years ago

Wow That is beautiful! I'd love to find a window like that to do.

Great job!

Maria

• mosaicwench1
    17 years ago

A window after my own heart.

Very nice!

• d3bbi
    17 years ago

Barb, I love your windows. What did you use for glue? I'm curious as I'm about to inherit some windows and want to do gog.

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

You better buy by the case there d3bbi, as aren't you the one with 18 windows coming and DH doesn't know yet? heh heh, Makes me smile just thinking about it!!!
    Balje: Great job on the design and colors of your window!!!
    Where is it gonna call home? Jane

• nanatricia
    17 years ago

I love that I too want to do ome .I have not found a small window .I have large ones .I want to do a small one.

• klinger
    17 years ago

Wow , I really love that window, it looks soooo nice. Great job. Now where are you going to put it?
    Cindy

• chickeemama
    17 years ago

The gog turned out really great...it reminds me of a fan with all those beautiful colors!!! Like Hazie said fall colors...

d3bbi- you have 18 windows coming??!!! How hilarious is that!!! you will be doing gog for EVER.

The book I have called "Glass on Glass Stained Glass Table Tops You Can See Through" by Karen K Seymour says to use the GE II" Window and door" not the "Kitchen and bath" as it will yellow in the sunlight of course I have not tried this but thought you guys might want to know!!

• ba1je
    Original Author
    17 years ago

i used window and door silicone from hd.i took it to work this eve to show a friend of mine and one of the girls offered me $75 for it so i guess its sold. wish i could sell more so i could support my glass habit!!.....barb

• texaswild
    17 years ago

Just wonderful, BA1JE: LOVE the colors and arrangement. You a quilter? I made a quilt w/the fan blocks. Great mosaicing job.

• nicethyme
    17 years ago

Stunning work! beautiful design (as always!)

• mosaicwench1
    17 years ago

$75 is way too low. Think of the time you put into it!

Ah well . . . if you're comfortable with it then that's what you sell it for.

I got 10 very large storm windows last night (over 5 feet tall) for free. I can't wait to start on them. I'm going to hinge two or three together and make GOG room dividers (my DH drove away this morning with them still in the bed of the truck!).

• rosemarythyme
    17 years ago

Balje: Beautiful colors! They remind me of peacock feathers the way they fan out and the changing colors on a kaleidascope. Way COOL!

• crystal01
    17 years ago

It is beautiful! and it also reminds me of peacock feathers. I think $75 is way too low. Try this: weight x 3 ($3 is what I pay for scrap glass) x 3 (labor) i.e. 10lb x 3 x 3 = $90

• mosaicwench1
    17 years ago

I've seen a formula for pricing work thusly:
    $20-$25 an hour for labor (that does NOT include drying time. Drying time can be used for working on other projects). Add 1.5 times the amount of materials to your hourly rate and that's what you sell the item for.

I've seen overhead factored in there as well, but most of us don't pay for studio space so I've not included it here.

• diytrying
    17 years ago

Really really gorgeous! Looks so exotic with the dark and vivid colors. It lights up a room with the light coming through it. Great job..

• d3bbi
    17 years ago

No, I am not getting 18 windows - that would be a full time project. I don't think I have that many ideas. I might get 5-8. A friend told me she just replaced her windows and I told her I would take all she wanted to give me. She mentioned that she might have 10 or 11. My cousin gets a few.

I walk for breast cancer every October in remembrance of my sister. This year I decided I would sell some of my mosaics to donate money for this project. So I hope to decorate a few windows among my other stuff and sell them.

Chickee, thanks for the book title and recomendation on adhesive.

• crackpotannie
    17 years ago

Oh that is beautiful and I think $75 is way to low but it's probably a co worker so i would do what you feel comfortable with.It is really pretty and I love your colors.Annie

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

I just love this and needed newbies to see it.