Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamasusanna

Garden Orb

bamasusanna
15 years ago

A friend gave me this ceramic ball that had been in her yard when she moved into her house. She was going to throw it away! It's a little bit bigger than a bowling ball.

I just used scrap pieces and started on it Monday. Tuesday I had finished the gluing, today I grouted.

Comments (12)

• siriusmosaics
    15 years ago

Oh I just saw this on Flikr, and you answered my question. That is a big ball. I can't believe you finished that quick. Yikes, all those tiny pieces and making sure they don't slip off. What kind of glue did you use?

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

4 days and your done!! It would take me 4 days just to think about it! Maybe that's my problem...too much thinking, not enough action!
    It's GORGEOUS!! Love all the colors and how shiny and bright and happy it looks!!

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

I repeat..love it!! I've got a whole big box of scrap stained glass, however, they are not cut as good as yours...mine are all different shapes...but maybe I could do one...one of these days!!! Beautiful job!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, my goodness. How WONDERFUL is that? I think that's my favorite orb ever. No, I'm sure of it. I wish wish wish I had it in MY garden! You must be thrilled!

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

SUSAN, you put me to shame...I'm always thinking, "So many projects, so little time." I sit, and I whine, and I sit some more, because I have "so little time".... Somebody please scream at me, "WOMAN, GET OFF YOUR ARSE AND GLUE SOMETHING!!!!"

Oh, and I love your orb. Ve-ry nice :)

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Ship it here! Ship it here! I love all the colors and it would look awesome in the same bed as my big urn.(If I ever finish grouting it between rainstorms!
    Seriously, it is awesome and very very pretty. Love it!
    Carol

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Well, you l'il heifer yourself. There you go playing w/other toys while we sit and wait and pass the popcorn as you have been known to say to see your King crowned. Your orb is absolutely a BAMARONI - I'd know those color combos anywhere. LOVE it. Yeah, FLAG - I'm SICK of the rain. However, when it stops, I gotta work outside.

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Bama it wonderful,is it sitting by your pond?Great job lucky you!Send me the rain no rain in 9 mo. at our ranch,poor cow's.Uh heifers.....

• mmqchdygg
    15 years ago

I don't see little man... must've got tired & got his-self squished. Tsk tsk.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Bama!!!
    How ever did you get that done so fast??? Colors are PERFECTION and I agree with Cindyloo, it would take me that long to think of what to do...

Great work.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I REALLY like this! I plan on doing this random cuts on my front porch, with slate, was himin and hawin bout it but now I know! 4 days, GODD JOB!!!

• craftercheryl
    15 years ago

That is really eye popping....I have done about 3 bowling balls so far. They start out as just a round nothing, and end up a fabulous eye catcher like your. Fantastic job.

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors