Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Grinder

Posted by jmc97 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 13:58

Hi All-I've been lurking for a while and really admire all of the great talent. I am a beginner in the mosaic world and trying to gather together tools. I've located a used Glastar G4 grinder w/ new grinding wheels for $25. Because I'm a novice I'd like to know if this is a good deal. The seller says it is a bit noisey but works fine. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Grinder

If it works at all, would probably be worth 25.00 to get you started. Just make sure that the bit comes off the shaft. If they are left on, they want to be come a permanent fixture.

o

Good deal!!! Like Sirius said, get the person to undo the grinder head and show you Before you buy it!!! I bought some antisieze lubricant to put on the shaft of mine, I bought it in the hardware store. (Just a little tube) It is a good deal by the sounds of it, just get them to plug it in and give you a quick demo....

o

I will take a look at it this weekend and will follow your advice. thank you so much for the tips!

o

Welcome To The Group

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here