Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mermaidmosaics

Newbie stepping stone betterway to keep glass in place

Mermaid
15 years ago

Hi all,

I have been lurking for quite some time and am amazed at the incredible talent you all have. You should all give yourselves a hand!!

And, boy oh boy, would I have loved to go to the Riana class!! I have saved an article about her in the 90's in a Country Gardens magazine and was thrilled to hear she was giving classes . HOpe all you that attended can give us some more ideas!! Hint hint

Now for the the question. I have been using the indirect method to make memorial stepping stones for our dogs. I have several issues coming up when I use contact paper. One, the the tiles sometimes slip, second, when you peel off the contact paper you can see where the edges of the paper were, and third and the most pain , is that the concrete seems to melt into the glass pieces, so I have to scrape off the concrete with a dental tool to see the glass.

Does anyone else have ideas for making stepping stones. Oh, i have been using Diamond crete which is too expensive for all of the goof ups i have been making..

thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz