Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Science Project-Plant Cell

Posted by becky_ia (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 16, 10 at 12:24

Two days ago, my 7th grade grandson came to me and asked if I would help him with his science project. Who can resist a request like that? I asked what he had to do and he said create a model of a plant cell and showed me his science book with a picture in it. So I asked what did he want to create and what were some of the other kids in the class doing? Well, one was using construction paper, some were drawing with colored pencils, and some girls were making cakes and decorated cookies so I asked him if he would like to use some of my mosaic supplies.

I am sure he was waiting until the last minute to get this done! For two days and nights were have been working on this because it was due Friday (today). So last night about 10 p.m. he, his mom put the finishing touches on it (labeling all the parts). I wish we would of had one more day as we could have grouted the gray cell wall and pour liquid resin in the center. But we can always do that afterwards. He had to turn it in this morning at 8 a.m.

We used all kinds of things. Thank you Donna for the silver pearls (from my tess exchange!); we use modeling clay, stained glass and flat marbles. When finished, it looked like the picture! I think he did a great job!

becky

Plant Cell/Science Project

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Science Project-Plant Cell

WHOO HOO!!! Grandson Hangin' with Gramma!!! AWESOME!!! You may have a prodege on your hands....!!!heh heh!!! You gotta tell us how he does with it!!! A report card for us to see!!!ha!

o

How wonderful - y'all did a fantastic job on that. Oh, he'll get a great grade to be sure. I'll just bet this won't be his last mosaic project. Good for y'all. I LOVE it.

o

Wow, plant cells as inspiration for mosaics! I bet he gets an A.

o

WOW!! That is one great science project. Very nicely done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here