Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phish_gw

What color grout for my pink,red,white project?

phish_gw
12 years ago

I was hoping to post a picture but I don't think I'm that smart! I have a table I have decorated in pink, red and white tess. China with pink and red flowers, red stained glass, red globs, pink fake pearls, light pink beach glass. The problem is I'm not sure what color to grout.

I was thinking white because I think the faded light pink beach glass would look more pink against a black background.

But I also liked the idea of taupe to make it pop.

The other colors I own are tan, cream, light gray and black, but I've had bad luck with black grout so I don't want to use that.

Can you think of a color that would bring out the pink in my light pink and at the same time will make everything pop?

What do you recommend?

Comments (16)

• loribee2
    12 years ago

When you say pink, my first thought is light gray. Sounds pretty! I hope you can manage to upload a picture. I'd love to see it!

• wackyweeder
    12 years ago

white or light gray look great with pink. If you have dry grout sprinkle some in the spaces to see how it will look. you can brush it out later.

• silvamae
    12 years ago

Just don't use white; I have ruined a couple of projects by using white and it just washed everything out. I don't use white except when I'm going to paint the grout. My suggestions are tan, taupe, or grey.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I'd love to see your project. Its not hard ot post a pic, I think there is an explanation in the FAQ. I must admit I'm selfish though because I am wondering what color to grout the lamp I'm makeing which is with pink rose dish shards and white irredescent glass tile.
    I bought antique white thinking I would add some of a greenish grey that I have to it.

Good luck, and I hope you post a picture.

Kathy

• phish_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Also, taupe (one of my original contenders) isn't an option since I don't have enough of it. Light grey sounds good and I like the suggestion of powdering an area to see what it will look like. I'll try to post a picture once I'm done with it.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

So hows it going?
    Kathy

• phish_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

out how to post a picture :(

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

the easiest way , in my opinion, is to upload your pic to a free site like photobucket. Choose medium as the size, if you are offered a choice. Once the photo is there you just click on the html code (you will see the word "copied" flash at you) then come here and Paste (in the right click menu) into your post. I usually start my post and have photobucket open in another window (or tab) so I can go back and forth. I imagine flicker and other photo sharing sites work the same way.
    Good luck.
    Kathy

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

You know, maybe medium is too small. It is what i use for my blog, but bigger is better for these forums, I think. I make a copy that is smaller for my blog.

Below I've attached a link to a very detailed description of how to use photobucket from the GardenJunk forum.

Good luck. Can't wait to see your piece. You can see that I used grey grout on my lamp with roses in a recent post.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post pics

• phish_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is my table. It is a picture of the top and you can see a bit of the bottom (that I also decorated with red and pink tiles)

• texaswild
    12 years ago

PHISH: This is the prettiest table I've seen in a long time. Your colors are just perfectly coordinated. LOVE this.

• loribee2
    12 years ago

Ohmygoodness!! That is SOSOSO pretty! Beautiful job! Love the colors. Makes me think of valentines. Are you happy with it? Where are you going to put it?

• wishdish
    12 years ago

Wow, that is gorgeous. Glad you figured out the photo posting so that we could all enjoy seeing your beautiful table.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Its lovely! Fantastic work. I'm glad you went with grey grout.
    Kathy

• phish_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The only problem (which I knew going into it) is that it's bumpy, so I wouldn't want to rest a fragile glass on there. I've never been brave enough to try the reverse method. Besides, as I understand it, I would have had to have a mold that was the same size as my table in order to make that work, and I didn't have one.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

On my little mosaicked bedside table I purposely put one big piece (with a pretty flower) in the center, figuring a glass could be put right there if no where else!
    I bet you'll find that glasses will be ok on your table tho not totally even.
    Kathy

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner